Borrego is seeking an Interconnection Coordinator to join our growing team in our Lowell, MA office. We offer a hybrid work environment, allowing you to work remotely 2-3 days a week and from the office 2-3 days a week.
At Borrego, we don’t accept the status quo. We are driven by a culture of teamwork, fearless thinking, and adaptability as we pursue our mission to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy. With more than 850 MW already installed, we’re excited about the “Gigawatt Revolution” happening across our company as we shift from megawatts to gigawatts of clean energy in the coming years.
After 40 years in business, Borrego is a trusted name in the solar industry and well-known for our strong employee culture. We combine the stability and wisdom gained by decades in business with an entrepreneurial spirit. Our employees are driven and animated by the [ Link removed ] , an operating framework detailing our mission, vision, strategy, and cultural principles and working systems.
About the Role
Reporting to the Interconnection Program Manager, this individual will play an integral role in the performance of our East Coast interconnection portfolio. The ideal candidate will have very strong organizational and management skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate interconnection related efforts between Sales, Engineering, Project Finance, Accounting and Operations. Beyond administrative skills, this individual will possess a technical skillset that enables accurate interpretation of utility feedback and an understanding of the implications on development, engineering and construction efforts.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Daily portfolio management of approximately 100 active interconnection applications across multiple utilities and services territories
- Coordination of interconnection activities: Direct utility RFI’s to appropriate internal parties (Sales, Engineering, and Operations) and manage internal response to performance and lead time targets
- Management of utility performance to tariff-related timeline commitments on a project-by-project basis
- Leadership of biweekly utility status meetings
- Facilitation of interconnection application submittals with internal Engineering and Sales teams
- Coordination of construction requisitions, signatures, approvals and payments for applications, impact studies, and interconnection agreements
- Development and maintenance of a consistent record as each project navigates the interconnection process, from initial application to final authorization to operate
- Being the primary point of contact for all utility communications
While no one individual will possess them all, the successful candidate will bring many of the following experiences, skills, and attributes:
- 2-4+ years of relevant experience with preference given to those with energy or construction experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong project management, reporting and technical skills, preferably in Salesforce
- Excitement about growing along with a fast-paced, dynamic company; comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to build, experiment, and iterate when the path forward is undefined
- A passion for renewable energy, addressing the climate crisis, and accelerating the clean energy transformation
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture
Borrego uses an internally equitable and externally competitive total cash approach to compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance; a comprehensive wellness program; 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting; continuing education and professional development assistance; and self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies.
Our corporate culture fosters collaboration, a growth mindset, and the ability to take risks — and we value innovative thinkers who will help us reach our ambitious growth goals. We believe that flexibility and work-life balance are important parts of long-term employee happiness and productivity. Our employees are trusted to get their work done and are given the freedom to do so when they are their most efficient, creative, and engaged.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Borrego values the diverse perspectives, skills, experiences, and contributions of all employees. We want all our employees to feel like they belong and are empowered to be their most authentic selves at work. We’re actively committed to fostering diversity and creating an inclusive environment not only within our own organization but also within the renewable energy industry.
We seek a diverse candidate pool in this – and every – search. Borrego provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO M/F/D/V.
A Note to Third-Party Recruiters
Borrego\u0027s People + Culture team coordinates all recruiting and hiring at our company. Borrego does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, staffing firms, or related agencies. Resumes are only accepted from third-party recruiters, staffing firms, or related agencies if a signed agreement is in place AND if external recruiting assistance is authorized by the People + Culture team for a specific position. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Borrego. Borrego is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.