Worley has made a firm commitment to support the energy transition, and central to this is ensuring Project Delivery adheres to cost, schedule and quality and meets appropriate legislation and standards. We are rapidly expanding our capabilities within the low carbon and Energy Transition sectors and our Project Delivery team will bring experience and track record from a range of industry sectors to ensure similar standards are maintained as we assist our clients, partners, and projects in transitioning to a more sustainable world.
Our commitment to People, Planet and Sustainability is demonstrated in Worley’s broader ambitions in the energy transition space extend from early-stage concept and feasibility through to delivering full EPC and EPCM packages. "
Manager, Procurement Contracts
Providing Contract Management expertise at a senior experienced level (and where relevant leading an associated team), in accordance with the Project Execution Plan for contracting activities on one or more Project(s) and compiling with Worley and Customer Business Management Systems for supply chain activities.
- Providing Contract Management services (and where relevant leading an associated team) on allocated Project(s);
- Undertaking the following "Pre-Award" activities
- Preparing and negotiating Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements
- Compiling Solicitation and Expression of Interest Documents
- Preparing Market Analysis of the returns
- Prequalifying Contractors
- Compiling Request for Information and Request for Proposal (RFP) / and or Invitation to Tender/Bid (ITT/B) evaluation plans.
- Initiating and chairing the RFP/ITT/ITB Kick-off meeting.
- Compiling the Individual Contract Plan for an RFP/ITT/ITB.
- Expediting input to an RFP/ITT/ITB package and compiles the physical package for review and issue.
- Performing qualification exercises to select bidders for RFP/ITT/ITB from the Project Bidders List and issuing the bidders' list for review and approval.
- Developing and administering Customer and Company contracting strategy papers.
- Initiating and chairing RFP/ITT/ITB explanation/clarification meetings/registers and preparing and issuing minutes thereof.
- Receiving and handling all queries from bidders including co-ordination of discipline response to queries.
- Co-ordinating visits by Bidders to the Project worksite (as appropriate);
- Facilitating the RFP/ITT/ITB evaluation process; performing Commercial evaluations.
- Initiating and chairing bid clarification meetings, preparing and distributing minutes.
- Compiling Proposal summaries and award recommendations for approval.
- Compiling Contract packages for signature.
- Reporting the status of the activities performed
- Preparing Recommendation for Award
- Obtaining securities, insurances and other key documentation pre-award and mobilisation
- Reviewing and approve the work of other team members as required
- Undertaking the following “Post-Award” activities
- Participating in pre-construction kick off meeting, preparing and distributing minutes.
- Receiving all correspondence from contractors, initiating distribution and close out.
- Maintaining correspondence, Site Instructions and Contractor change registers.
- Maintaining Securities (Bonds, Performance Guarantees, Insurances, etc.) and tracking for expiry/renewal.
- Preparing and managing replies to Contractors' correspondence where the subject is solely Contract-related or co-ordinates the review of and replies to such correspondence with other Customer/departments/disciplines.
- Providing contractual interpretation for Project Team.
- Reviewing and advising contractual impact of Site Instructions to Construction Manager.
- Liaising with Supervision on the Management and overseeing of TQ's, NCR's, Concessions, etc.
- Ensuring contractual deliverables are submitted by Contractor in a timely and an acceptable manner.
- Ensuring contractual compliance by Contractor.
- Attending and chairing Contractor progress meetings, preparing and issuing minutes, etc.
- Attending and participating in Contractor Trend / early warning review meetings.
- Administering and reporting through the applicable tools.
- Raising back-charge documentation.
- Reviewing all requests for compensation for extra work from Contractors and co-ordinating their further review and approval.
- Raising Contract Amendments for inclusion in the Contract Price of approved changes.
- Reviewing Contractors' applications and invoices for Contract compliance and co-ordinating the review by other disciplines/ departments.
- Participating in Risk review meetings.
- Co-ordinating the process of Contractor Performance Evaluation.
- Performing all work, at the direction of the Company and Customer Contracts Management, needed to address and settle claims from Contractors.
- Receiving Contractors' Notices of Completion and co-ordinating the issue of Notices of Acceptance/Rejection in reply.
- Performing close-out of Contracts.
- Performing line reporting concerning the financial status of contracts.
- Compiling with all necessary Project Contract documentation and files for handover to Customer.
- Closing out security documentation
- Reviewing and approve the work of other team members as required.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction, Engineering or Law (or equivalent)
- Membership or Fellowship of a relevant recognised professional Institution (e.g., RICS) (preferred);
- other qualifications in a relevant specialism (preferred).
- fluent in written and spoken English
- extensive experience of managing pre-contract processes (including pre-qualification, preparation of Invitations to Tender, selection and award of contracts);
- extensive experience of managing all post-award processes (general contract administration, change control, claims avoidance and management, final accounting, dispute resolution, etc).
- the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- the ability to cope in a complex and dynamic environment.
- the ability to convey arguments and propositions in personal relationships.
- knowledgeable in the use of software and reporting systems (e.g., CRM (or similar), MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS TEAMS etc.).
- experience of leading and managing teams and service delivery.
- have a participative leadership ethic.
- the ability to identify and meet Customer needs.
- strong negotiation skills and experience.
- strong relationship management skills.
- strong coaching skills.
Worley is committed to making a difference and we currently have exciting projects delivering energy transition. We need the right people supporting this global change working and learning together. Our values and behaviours underpin who we are and everything we do…
• Life: Prioritise safety and wellbeing and ensure we choose ""what's right"" and face important issues
• Rise to the challenge: The can-do attitude to go that extra mile to deliver
• Stronger together: Seek new and diverse relationships to drive innovation
• Unlock Brilliance: Push boundaries and share our expertise
Worley will reward successful candidates with an excellent career opportunity within a forward thinking and flexible organisation, as well as an excellent salary and benefits package.
This role can be delivered by hybrid working with regular time working from home balanced with attendance at our Glasgow office with visits to our client site in Grangemouth.
- Business Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Change Control
- Claim Processing
- Coaching And Mentoring