Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
[ Link removed ]
Senior Instrument Engineer - Management of Change
The Instrument Department in SBM is responsible for the design of Process Control and Instrumentation Systems, Integrated Control & Safety Systems, Fire & Gas Systems and Communication Systems. This includes all associated field devices, such as instruments and valves, and bulk materials such as cables and tubing.
In the FEED and subsequent Basic and Detailed phases of a project, the designers and engineers start with defining the concept and then continue to work-out the details of the systems, implement vendor data and work closely together with our sub-contractors to prepare the detailed documentation for construction, commissioning and operation. By making use of reputable suppliers, standardized solutions and experienced contractors SBM is able to do this in a short time frame and with a high quality.
The role of the Senior Instrument engineer comprises the following tasks:
- Continuously consider cost, constructability, operability and maintainability.
- Assist in developing a project specific system design with all associated documentation (philosophies, layouts, specifications, datasheets, block diagrams, Cause & Effect diagrams, etc., etc.).
- Act as package engineer for instrument packages and work in close cooperation with Supply Chain to perform technical bid evaluations.
- Together with the Lead designer manage the flow of information to remote teams to enable them to prepare Specifications, Bid reviews, Layouts, Cable Block diagrams, Termination diagrams, Loop diagrams, Hook-up diagrams, Mounting details, Cable list, Junction box list, Bulk MTOs for Cables, Cable glands and Hook-up materials.
- Review vendor data and ensure package units are properly integrated and/or interfaced.
- Ensure that interfaces with other disciplines (mainly electrical, piping and process) are consistent and aligned.
- Review documents prepared by sub-contractors to ensure quality and consistency.
- Ensure that the system is fully in line with the Regulatory regime, Classification requirements, SBM standards and Client requirements.
University or Technical College (BSc degree), with at least 8 years’ experience in Instrumentation design in the (Offshore) Oil & Gas industry. Fully competent in the engineering use of SmartPlant Instrumentation. Experience with package interfaces. Experience with managing remote teams. Experience with instrumentation for LNG applications and Marine applications is an advantage. Proven competence with instrumentation design in hazardous areas (e.g. IECEx001) is preferable.
A pro-active approach; taking initiative; problem solving and creative thinking; professional communication in English (verbal and written); conversant with MS Office applications; willingness to travel; team player, looking beyond discipline boundaries, safety conscious.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). SBM Offshore provides floating production solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product lifecycle. The Company is market-leading in leased floating production systems delivered to date, with multiple units currently in operation, and has unrivaled operational experience in this field. The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation, and life extension of floating production solutions for the offshore energy industry. For further information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Microsoft Office