Requisition Id 7960
The Digital Manufacturing and Analyses Frameworks Group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory seeks a full-stack software engineer to collaborate with engineers, technicians and researchers to create innovative software facilitating the advancement in energy efficiency across many sectors. This position is in the Secure and Digital Manufacturing section of the Manufacturing Sciences Division. Our goal is to integrate capabilities in communication, computing, storage and user interface for advanced manufacturing process analysis, modeling and control to ensure an energy efficient and secure manufacturing ecosystem.
More information on the DMAF Group may be found at, [ Link removed ]
As a Full Stack Developer, you will have the opportunity to help facilitate solutions to reduce the energy usage footprint across the industrial, commercial and residential sectors. The successful candidate must be a highly-motivated, self-starter who is comfortable working as part of a team. The candidate must demonstrate a strong focus and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Knowledge of modern software processes, systems, and tools such as HTML5/CSS, TypeScript, Angular 6+ or ExtJS is required and experience in developing cross-platform apps for Android and iOS is highly desirable. Database experience required with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL preferred. Knowledge of and experience with Electron, Bootstrap, and IndexedDB is a definite bonus.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement software meeting project requirements.
- Work with System Administrators and DBAs to troubleshoot issues.
- Assist in deploying releases to production, test, and development environments.
- Provide technical assistance to other staff and customers as necessary.
- Analyze new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to the job.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, code and test software for web applications
- Work with databases and ORM frameworks
- Be an active member of agile teams participating in sprints, scrum stand-ups, and in-person demonstrations
- Work on several projects simultaneously
- Comfortable with modifying legacy code as well as starting projects from scratch
- BS in computer science or closely related field and a minimum of five years experience or MS in computer science or closely related field with a minimum of three years experience.
- Possess a strong problem-solving attitude with ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Proficient in Java or C++
- Contribute to CI/CD pipelines with unit tests
- Database design experience
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email [ Email address blocked ] .
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
- Agile Methodology
- Bootstrap (Front End Framework)
- C++ (Programming Language)