At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at [ Link removed ] . Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
An Account Executive will be tasked with building sales through various channels. They will work internally with other sales and origination teams, while building relationships with customers and broker/consulting channels externally. The role will require developing sales strategies, building strong relationships with our customers/brokers, and selling our products and services.
The primary objectives for this role are to initiate and qualify new prospects, make sales calls/visits, sell the full value of NRG products and services, and to maintain strong business relationships with customers and brokers identified and assigned in each designated sales territory. This individual will be responsible for the development of a territory in the commercial and industrial market segment.
- This position is responsible for delivery of agreed sales targets in terms of overall gross margin, customer numbers, and energy volumes in the industrial and commercial market segment.
- Establish a network of large commercial or industrial accounts within a particular territory.
- Experienced with target account selling, solution selling, and/or managing various sales channels.
- Develop territory specific sales strategies directed toward maximizing company objectives and goals.
- Create new business through organized prospecting and networking to increase Direct Energy market penetration.
- Track record of maintaining and developing relationships with direct customers or indirect sales channels.
- A strong history of exceeding assigned sales quotas.
- A high business acumen outside of the energy industry.
- Remain current on the competition and market conditions
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and expectations of the Account Executive
- Ability to create a new idea or strategy and deliver on that strategy.
- Utilize CRM (SFDC) to track prospecting, task, events and future activities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation and excel skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, Systems implementations, Credit, and Product development
- Open office environment 1-2 days per week.
- Up to 50% travel requirement to establish and maintain customer/broker business
- Ideal Candidate will possess a Bachelors degree in business, marketing, management, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in direct / outside sales and marketing consultative selling.
- Ideal candidate will have an established network of large commercial or industrial accounts in the electric utility or natural gas industry and will reside within the area. However, will consider candidates outside of California territory if previous relationships exists in or near CA region.
- Strong commercial skills and proven “hunter” that identifies and closes commodity transactions
- Critical thinker with good judgment skills who doesn’t simply accept a “business as usual” approach
- Knowledge of the changing power/gas market landscape and the impact of renewables and other key market fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze data and make insights for customers that challenge the way they think about energy procurement
- Ability to build strong customer relationships across organizational levels
- Driven, hard-working individual with high standards for self and others
- Outstanding problem-solving, strategic-thinking, presentation, verbal and writing skills
Must have excellent product and customer knowledge to educate customers on pricing and application of competitive advantages to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Positive professional demeanor and appearance to act as a positive representative of the company in front of clients and in the local business community, as needed.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- URL blocked - click to apply
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing industry demands and internal and external factors.
- Strong negotiating and closing skills.
- Problem solver, offering practical thinking and approaches when applicable, providing sound analysis and judgment when making decisions and/or recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and follow-through skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to learn business and new products quickly.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at [ Link removed ] )
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
- Consultative Selling
- Solution Selling
- Interpersonal Communications
- Closing Skills