Requisition ID: 124799
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building 'the next big thing' from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make make a difference in our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
Kiewit Power Delivery (KPD) provides direct-hire construction services for Power Delivery Services utilizing organized and open shop labor force. Kiewit Power Delivery throughout North America currently consists of Transmission & Distribution, Wind and Solar Projects.
All of Kiewit Power is committed to Kiewit’s “Nobody Gets Hurt” Philosophy.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Work with a vibrant and diverse team to build, estimate, and schedule mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial construction.
• Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by supervisor; review proposals, specifications and drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings.
• Learn to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors.
• Prepare work plans, assure quality control, manage and track costs and materials, schedule equipment, administer safety programs and maintain exceptional owner relations.
• Relocate as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control as well as to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is a plus
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills; strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic – highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Ability to travel and/or relocate as required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Attention To Detail