This function supports the accounting operation of the Ridge Tool by reviewing and reconciling some balance sheet accounts on monthly basis and the person also helps on the month-end close activities of the business unit by providing accounting reports, writing journal entries and loading FS in Hyperion
- Reconcile AP, and other GL accounts against the sub-ledgers, or internal reports to check if everything is recorded properly in the system
- Run Customer, and Vendor Master Change Log from JDE for different locations, and upload the PDF copies of those to SharePoint
- Prepare weekly, and monthly financial, and management reports, and assemble those as management distribution packages, and for upload to Sharepoint (e.g. Upload Bank Account Audit Report; Over Credit Limit Repo; AP Listing; Wage and Salary Report; Workers, and Compensation Report; Accounting Reports for Balance Sheet Accounts; and all standard financial statements)
- Track monthly capital expenditures by site, and prepare reports related to CAPEX
- Perform reconciliation, and analysis of several balance sheet, and P&L accounts of the business unit, and the balance sheet accounts of Ridge Tool Mexico
- Perform audit, or review of forcecount, and 401K files, or reports
- Enter FOREX spot rates to JDE
- Process Asia Pacific Distribution Centers’ Inventory Report, Sales Report and their P&L using reports generated from Hubble application
- Prepare the financial statement upload template of the business unit for loading to Hyperion, and resolve all the validation errors reported by the system
- Expect ad hoc reports, and analysis from point of contact
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, preferably CPA
- Two years, or more progressive work experience in general accounting, or finance
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills
- Good communication, and interpersonal skills are also important to be successful in this role
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications; especially Excel
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management systems is good to have in this position but not required
- Results-oriented with a sense of urgency in meeting projects, goals, and deadlines
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles