The GIS and Data Quality area will be responsible for defining the processes and technologies used to ensure Data Quality by defining the Data Governance strategy by ensuring the processes of capturing and maintaining the inventory information necessary to support the operational processes, as well as leading the implementation of projects associated with the graphic systems. Furthermore, the area should establish a streamlined data quality control process to maintain integrity of the data model from data capture through data analysis during blue sky and storm restoration, assuring fulfillment of the regulatory and operational requirements.
This position reports to Felipe Santiago Vale, Director of Technical Process & Sustainability within Process and Technology (P&T) business area.
1. Lead projects for the implementation/renewal of the Systems of Record (including GIS) ensuring asset data quality and the correct integration with all the systems that make use of the information.
Skills and Requirements
2. Define Data Governance Model and the processes for the capture, maintenance and use of asset and mapping information. Define asset data model.
3. Define the specification, development, and maintenance of the Systems of Record to include but not limited to the geographic information systems (GIS), SAP, and other auxiliary tools and techniques, related to the processes of development, construction, operation, maintenance and renovation of facilities.
4. Support model and tools definition for usage of graphical inventory information.
5. With support of other areas internally, determine specification and operating procedures for editing and updating the network data into SAP and the GIS. Manage tools needed to maintain correct up to date network information.
6. Define a process for monitoring and QA/QC of information represented in the SAP and GIS systems. Plan, Lead and/or Supervise the development of projects to maintain the data within the SAP and GIS systems.
7. Define the interface and integration model with the different systems that manage and/or consult graphic or assets and equipment information. Monitor and follow-up data integration between different systems.
8. Define KPI’s to measure and control the asset data quality within the systems of record and/or GIS. Create metrics to support and ensure data will be maintained appropriately by the different areas of the organization. Generate and presents reports.
9. Evaluate data attributes / elements naming conventions and align them appropriately with all source systems.
10. Represent Avangrid in the Iberdrola Global Practice Groups (GPG’s) discussions related to the global strategy of the GIS system in integration, with representatives from the different Iberdrola Networks companies across the different countries.
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. Degree in an Engineering discipline preferred but not required.
• 3-5 years' relevant Electric Operations experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, Teams).
• Advanced knowledge of GIS’s market products.
• Experience in systems of records (SAP).
• General knowledge and experience of high, medium and low voltage electrical networks.
• A Change Management, PMP and/or Lean Six Sigma Certification(s) is a plus.
• Knowledge of Information Technology design, architecture, and data virtualization.
• Knowledge of Electric Operations processes to record, gather and maintain data.
• Project Management (individual projects, linked projects).
• Interpersonal Skills
• Communications / Influencing
• Negotiation / Dispute Resolution
• Agility, versatility, and flexibility; productive in a multi-tasking and rapidly changing environment.
• Experience leading meetings, development of agendas, documentation of notes and follow-up activity.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this [ Link removed ]
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at
or [ Email address blocked ]
- Product Quality Assurance
- Data Analysis
- Data Quality
- Data Governance