Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy. Job Description
Assist in sampling and sample preparation, data analysis, interpretation, and management of exploration and production-level brine and gas analyses as directed by Staff Geochemist, Project Managers, or the Exploration/Development Manager. Optimize workflows and coordinate scheduling with various business units to meet necessary sampling schedules and reporting deadlines. Help develop and populate geochemical database, including structuring, formatting, and data entry.
• Participate in upgraded sampling campaign at existing Ormat plants and fieldwork related to greenfield exploration strategies
• Responsible for coordination with Staff Geochemist, Compliance personnel, 3rd-party laboratories to ensure meeting sampling and reporting deadlines for regulatory compliance
• Review data quality and quality assurance for sample sets with Staff Geochemist
• Responsible for database data entry of field metadata, field measurements, and analytical results into geochemical database
• Perform literature reviews of greenfield exploration areas, focusing on previous geochemical results and interpretations
• Maintain field sampling equipment and supplies
• Must be able to operate a 4WD vehicle in a safe manner in both on and off-road conditions
• Update production geochemical databases for international facilities
• Aid field operations as neededQualifications
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Working on or recently completed a bachelor’s degree in geologic sciences or geochemistry, or alternatively, a chemistry degree with a focus on inorganic or analytical chemistry. Previous field work or experience in water sampling procedures and analysis is strongly favorable.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties
• Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to Ormat’s auto insurance carrier
• Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet; familiarity with database design or programming is a plus
• Ability to travel and work in remote field locations and extremes of weather
• Ability to lift and move 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
• Ability to handle dangerous chemicals safely under guidance of staff geochemist
• Travel approximately 50% of the timeAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.