Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Principal Designer / Senior Designer / Designer (offshore) Electrical
Modelling and drafting of layouts for offshore platforms. Guide and lead a team of designers in the design, modeling and drafting activities for projects depending upon the complexity and size, carry out FEED and /or Proposal work estimates, procurement support activities, fabrication and construction requirements.
- Review the ITT (Invitation To Tender) documents provided in the proposals, evaluate the drafting scope and prepare / review the Bill of material, identify technical queries (TQs) as applicable.
- Prepare and review various estimates like Bill of quantities, Man-hours, Software requirements during proposals /projects.
- Provide engineering input to proposals like risk register, project execution plan, manning levels / histograms, identify probable optimizations during proposals / projects etc.
- Collate inputs from all concerned and compile Technical Document Register (TDR) and align it with the scope of work.
- Review basis of design, design guidelines, specifications, Data Sheets, equipment layout, Hazardous area classifications, typical installation standards and other relevant documents.
- Verify and conceptualize the most optimum work route. Identify a clear scope of work/deliverables and accordingly plan/schedule the designing, drafting and modeling activities and manpower resource. Identify and quantify total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work.
- Develop optimum scope split matrix for the design and drafting work between home office & Satellite office. Coordinate with projects / planning as well as with engineering team of Satellite office on project time schedules, establish target completion dates, ensure target dates are achieved.
- Develop Manpower Histograms assign and distribute manpower for the execution of detail design, drafting and modeling activities within the approved project man-hours. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce overall manpower costs.
- Perform and / or review design calculations like lighting Lux level distribution, cable sizing, cable tray loading, MCT layout using vendor software or standard spreadsheets and validate the calculations.
- Organize and direct preparation of design and drafting deliverables like SLD, Load lists, Load schedule, cable and drum schedule schematics, Interconnection diagrams, Block Diagrams, cable and tray routing, LER/ switch gear room / Battery room / control room layouts, inputs to Cause and Effect diagrams, Cable and tray layouts JB schedules and other specific deliverables as outlined in the contract.
- Ensure compliance of design based on sound engineering practices, company standards, client contract requirements and based on international codes and standards for assigned projects.
- Review preparation of equipment layout, organize the issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) coordinate with other engineering discipline in the mitigation of comments.
- Review vendor drawings / documents and ensure that the data from the current revision is captured and design changes are captured and documented. Ensure that vendor equipment specifications meet with client equipment specifications.
- Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related to drafting deliverables issues. Update TDR progress reports through the use of PETROCEPT software as required.
- Interface regularly with client representatives and, ensure the progress of project is in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs.
- Facilitate and provide assistance for milestone based design and model review with Client and timely close out all action points.
- Participate in HAZOP review meeting, design review and model review meetings, Constructability reviews with client and representatives of other engineering disciplines.
- Interact with Quality Assurance for quality issues, strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures of design, drafting and modeling systems within the department.
- Direct and monitor Material Take Off (MTO) activities, identify the gaps, take corrective action as required.
- Coordinate with fabrication contractor and issue Installation detail drawings, cable tray and equipment support model extracts, MCT schedules, cable cross section books or details, tray loading and support installation details.
- Interface and provide clarification, guidance and technical support to construction sites during fabrication and installation of equipment and appurtenances.
- Coordinate with fabrication contractor / engineering teams towards preparation of as built documentation and project close out documentation.
- Participate in employee performance evaluations, establish performance criteria, identify employee strengths and weaknesses, recommend training and development requirements.
- Supervise and lead more than one project activities (if assigned as a Group leader) within the discipline and interact with the designated lead engineer and the Direct Supervisor.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of standard design guides, standard installation drawings, modeling procedures and checklists.
- Promote safety awareness in strict compliance with company HSE policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as and when assigned / directed by Dy. Manager / Discipline Manager.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Associate Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Certificate course with a minimum of 3 - 20 years of related Petroleum / petrochemical industry experience preferable from a background in working for consultancy organizations in the EPC of the Oil and Gas Industry.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience within the offshore oil & gas industry working for Off shore EPCI consultants / Contractors covering well head ,Tie in and Process platforms. Experience in Offshore HVAC/ HVDC Substation platform layouts is recommended. An added advantage would be experience in Fabrication Yard and review of fabrication drawings
- A minimum of 1-2 years of hands-on experience with 3D modeling using PDS and PDMS software, MDS module for extraction of supports, Smart Plant 3D, Smart Plant Electrical, EE raceways etc.
- Working knowledge on relevant International codes & standards like IEC, NEC, API, IP, IMO, IALA, IACO and Offshore codes & standards from various classification societies and clear concept on typical off shore platforms designs.
- To supervise design, drafting and modeling activities and accountable for successful completion of projects and / or proposals within allocated Cost, Time and Resource.
- Ability to effectively motivate and support a team of designers at the local office and at coordinate and follow up activities with Satellite office.
- Having core competencies like ability to adopt a dynamic, tactful problemsolving approach to tasks and demonstrate coordination monitoring, supervisory and communication skills.
- Having character competencies like proactive approach, eye for detailing, multi-tasking, forward planning and forecasting.
- Ability to provide right inputs to supervisors in order to make quick and conscious decisions on critical issues which might have significant impact on the scope of project requirements.
- Must comply with the Company Code of Business Conduct (COBC) and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC) requirements, Safety and Quality procedures.
- 3d Model
- Bill Of Quantities