Being part of a growing company in the cleantech sector and contributing to the global transition to a circular economy appeals to you? That is exactly what our employees do every day when they come to work. Enerkem is based on a revolutionary idea: transforming non-recyclable and non-compostable waste into clean fuels and renewable chemicals. Our Canadian-born solution offers an innovative and sustainable alternative to landfilling and incineration while reducing dependency on fossil fuels.
Such an ambitious mission requires people who strive to make a difference. Our employees are the best in their field; they are resilient and passionate contributors who transform challenges into opportunities. Our culture values individual ideas and contributions for the company’s success. It’s a place where you can lead and inspire others within a creative and dynamic team.
You are recognized for your strong organizational skills and change management; there isn’t much about structuring engineering projects, ensuring project startup phase and resource planning in a multidisciplinary environment that you don’t know. Also, you are looking to have an impact, in your job, your workplace, and the World too, by working for a company that brings innovation to another level.
Upon your arrival, you will support the PMO team in structuring the projects to provide adequate budget development, cost control, and forecast according to corporate procedures and policies of the company. You will also provide support to the various projects within the portfolio in ensuring the project startup phase is conducted in a timely fashion. You will report to the Manager, Enterprise PMO. This is an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team as you enrich your career and work on Enerkem’s unique and disruptive technology.
Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Prepare portfolio level reporting to ensure sales, original commitments and costs are accurately reported on a timely basis.
- Develop performance indicators (cost analysis), utilization rates; analyze deviations and recommending corrective actions to management.
- Alongside the Project Control Officer, support the Manager, PMO to ensure a standardized approach in the development of project portfolio enterprise structure, i.e.: work breakdown structures, cost breakdown structures, budget control and reporting that enable the effective and timely follow up for the projects within the Enerkem Project Execution Processes.
- Support projects to prepare requisitions and update project status for corporate purchase orders.
- Support the Accounting Department in reconciliating reports and correction measures required for invoicing.
- Participate in the development of subsequent PMO projects and other related tasks.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent in a relevant program such as engineering, construction management, accounting or finance, business management or related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience.
- Experienced in managing project portfolio in a similar industry is an asset.
- Knowledge and working experience with ERP like Microsoft Dynamics 365 in a project organization an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work in a highly multidisciplinary environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Full understanding of project life cycle of engineering and construction projects.
- Knowledge of PMBOK or Project Management education an asset.
- Experience in deploying internal control systems at various stages of the project according to the company’s standards.
- Hands-on experience working with MS project tools: SharePoint, Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, Power BI.
- Fully bilingual (French & English).
At Enerkem, the well-being of our employees is at the heart of our priorities! We provide a living environment where each individual count and is recognized for their contribution to the success of the organization. We believe in the importance of celebrating our successes and having fun!
We focus our efforts on developing talents and, among other things, offer opportunities for everyone to participate in stimulating projects as well as learning opportunities and feedback / coaching that allow them to succeed, develop and flourish professionally.
Enerkem also offers a total compensation package that includes competitive salary, performance bonus, and comprehensive benefits to meet all the needs of our employees and their families, including telemedicine.
And that's not all, here are some other unique benefits:
- $ 400 credit for health care and / or physical activities to support the well-being of our employees.
- An employee recognition program
- Social activities organized by a committee dedicated to providing fun and promoting well-being.
- In the context of COVID-19, we are teleworking, and we provide our employees with the technological tools to allow them to work effectively remotely.
- Post COVID, Enerkem will adjust to the 'new normal' to meet everyone needs in the new reality.
- Training costs, membership fees and professional association memberships paid.
- A flexible working environment with autonomy to take action.
Enerkem subscribes to the principle of equity in employment. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that offers equal opportunities for all, where people of diverse backgrounds and characteristics feel valued, respected, supported, and can thrive. These values, which reflect the talent, experience and qualities of our employees, allows us to get the best out of each and every one of us.
Project Management Life Cycle
Microsoft Share Point