Location: Oak Ridge/Centrus TMC, TN
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm, Mon-Fri
You will be responsible for developing methods to process and disposition all waste streams generated by the TRISO-X Facility, a nuclear fuel fabrication facility being designed to manufacture TRISO coated-particle-based fuel forms. This includes supporting the design, licensing, construction, and operation of the TRISO-X Facility.
- Responsible for all waste (solid, liquid, gas) associated with the TRISO-X Facility.
- Develop methods to process chemical, solid, and gaseous waste streams.
- Manage mass balance documents for multiple process areas.
- Work with commercial nondestructive assay equipment (NDA) manufacturers to develop/procure/implement NDA systems to support disposition of waste streams potentially contaminated with low enriched uranium.
- Create and continually update a master list of all waste streams in the TRISO-X Facility.
- Contribute to the design and licensing of the TRISO-X Facility.
- Waste packaging, waste shipment, waste treatment, waste water holding tanks, waste water sampling, waste water treatment, waste monitoring and surveying, and interface with and provide support to waste permitting.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Desired)
- Proven working experience in chemical engineering and/or industrial waste engineering.
- Proven working experience with gas, liquid, solid waste streams.
- Strong chemistry background to understand concentrations and chemical hazards present in waste streams.
- Knowledge of and experience with manufacturing facility design and approaches to lean manufacturing.
- Experience in design of chemical processing equipment or related systems.
- Experience with uranium contaminated waste would be ideal.
- Experience with NDA equipment and contamination surveying.
- Understanding of waste permitting in the state of Tennessee.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
We are looking to fill this position immediately
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
Oil And Gas