Ferrellgas is looking for a Driver Trainee to gain real world experience in the daily deliveries and distribution of propane! This position is responsible for learning the essential functions of the Bulk & Cylinder Driver position including the accurate and timely distribution of product to various customer locations. Driver Trainees will assume Material Handler, Forklift Specialist, and/or Driver Helper responsibilities while working to obtain the appropriate credentials needed to transition into a Driver role (CDL license, hazmat endorsement, and/or tanker endorsement). Employees within this position will be required to repay Ferrellgas for expenses related to obtaining their Commercial Drivers License in accordance with Ferrellgas’ CDL Reimbursement Agreement signed by this employee at their time of hire.
- Attends courses required to obtain CDL license and/or required endorsements/certifications or licenses from the Authority Having Jurisdiction as required by state law.
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner that remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations along with company guidelines.
- Operates electronic hand-held computer consistently throughout the day and inspects vehicle per pre and post trip requirements.
- Rides and trains with Ferrellgas/ Blue Rhino Driver to various destinations, gaining knowledge of commercial driving regulations and observing the Driver's skill in starting the vehicle properly and adhering to safety regulations while on the road.
- Assists Driver in loading, unloading, and transporting hazardous materials to various customer locations.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and company procedures.
- Works toward meeting all DOT requirements.
- Inspects, paints, repairs and loads tanks and cylinders, as well as maintains the appearance of our displays and signs.
- Assists in handling and maintaining flow of materials and products under safety guidelines.
- Maintains Ferrellgas office and plant or yard for a professional appearance.
- Performs responsibilities during evening hours and weekends as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A willingness to obtain a valid Class A CDL license with hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- (Class B accepted by discretion of Hiring Manager if operating a straight truck).
- Clean driving record.
- Proficient in speaking, writing, and understanding the English language.
- Ability to pass the CDL exam and background check process, MVR, company background check, drug screen, and physical abilities test.
Why work for Ferrellgas? We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service in the propane industry. Ranked consistently as one of the top propane suppliers in the country, Ferrellgas is in the business of providing meaningful moments. Memories full of warmth, dependability you can trust, and outcomes you had only dreamed possible.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Forklift Truck
- Logistics Operations
- Safety Principles