You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Civil Structural Engineer
About this role: Senior Civil Structural Engineer
Brunel is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer for a major mining client in Vancouver, BC to serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on large and complex site planning, construction, expansion, or modification projects. Your role will involve managing projects, evaluating proposals, administering contracts, and overseeing the provision of services and equipment from vendors. You will play a key role in identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing risk reduction measures.
- Apply working knowledge of engineering principles to assigned engineering projects, using sound engineering, data measurement & collection, calculations, analysis, interpretation, and problem solving.
- Review, interpret, comment, and approve civil engineering deliverables. Review reports for civil design projects and provide recommendations to site team and to project consultants.
- Manage projects and serve as a civil subject matter expert (SME) on large/complex site planning/construction, expansion or modifications.
- Provide guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations.
- Contribute to project site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for civil engineering areas.
- Develop and/or review scopes of work, evaluate proposals, draft formalized internal requests for funding, and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment as approved and required.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and determine associated value for risk reduction measures.
- Lead the electrical efforts on large/complex engineering projects, which may include the development of new or modification to existing systems and processes, including the responsibility of approving work from other engineering disciplines.
- May evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment as approved and required.
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written, including the ability to actively listen and to adapt behavior and communication style based upon the audience.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in following safety practices, and recognizing, controlling and/or eliminating hazards Ability to build trust and credibility with employees/peers and establish common goals and expectations.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum and five (5) years related experience in engineering or a related field, OR
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum and three (3) years of experience in engineering or related scientific field.
- Knowledge of principles and practice of civil, geotechnical, water resources, water quality/treatment, and/or geological engineering
- Demonstrate technical competence through engineering and/or operations experience in at least one of the following work areas: earthworks, structural design, concrete design, construction supervision, dams, process water balance and slurry transport.
- Proficient in MS Office and other engineering tools (CAD, analytical, mapping)
- Professional Engineer’s license
- Experience with metal mining operations, especially with regards to geotechnical, structural, earth and concrete works.
- Experience with cost estimating for civil projects, project scheduling and project controls.
- Skilled in related engineering software (AutoCAD/Civil 3D, ArcGIS, GoldSim), programming languages
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Auto Cad
Job ID: PUB402180