Roles & Responsibilities
Job Title: Manager - Post Sales Operations - India
Reports To: Senior Manager - Post Sales Operations - EMEA & APAC
FLSA Job Status: Exempt
Basic Job Functions:
The position will be responsible for managing all Post Sales activities in India with focus to be world’s premier provider of PV solutions. This includes continuous improvement of the service offerings, providing market feedback on both internal and external post sales processes, plus supporting and interaction with other departments in regards to quality and warranty related topics. The Manager - Post Sales Operations - India is furthermore responsible for managing the Indian field service team.
The Post Sales Strategy is of critical importance to FS in the development and implementation of improved lifecycle management and product “field performance” understanding. The group is responsible for developing strategies, techniques and processes to minimize warranty costs and forecasting uncertainty while maximizing Technical and Customer Service values to the customer.
- 5+ years customer service or customer relationship management experience
- 5+ years project/process management experience
- Experience in a photovoltaic or green power generating industry preferred
- BS degree in a scientific or engineering field
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Must possess excellent communications skills to act as a bridge between the customer and the Post Sales organization;
- Proven experience in achieving outstanding results within a changing environment with minimum supervision;
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the customer’s success;
- Program management of multiple projects;
- Experience with data management systems and knowledge of estimating concepts;
- Excellent international and top management communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in difficult customer situations;
- Strong problem solving skills/experience;
- Strong analytical skills to identify market patterns and trends;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel & CRM);
- Ability to travel internationally;
- Leadership skills;
- Excellent English Language skills, additional language beneficial
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Scope of the position is to manage and control post-delivery services to achieve highest Customer Satisfaction in the specific region;
- Coordinate efforts with peers in other regions globally to synchronize execution of Post Sales strategies and values;
- Proactively communicate with Customers on post-sales support issues including, but not limited to; warranty processing for module, end-of-life module collection, customer complaints, spare sale and other technical support questions;
- Establish a post-delivery technical and warranty support to ensure FS value proposition in strategic markets and regions;
- Represent First Solar’s Customers Support Team at customer projects to (a) educate and train project teams about handling, installation, commissioning, warranty process and other relevant topics for First Solar’s product, (b) address product related customers issues in a proactive and reactive manner and (c) collect data about the performance of First Solar’s product in the field.
- Manage the execution of a special campaign operating plan in the specific region
- Support Business Development and other key functions in the region concerning all Post Sales issue;
- Provide Gap analysis of existing and required processes. Effectively communicate identified gaps, develop requirements and prioritize supporting continuous improvement efforts for the region;
- Support to define, communicate, and maintain regional Post Sales budget requirements;
- Supports culture of continuous improvement by fostering a collaborative environment
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Will sit and stand periodically during the day.
- Required to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Will walk and climb stairs.
- Will reach over shoulder heights and below waist.
- Required to use hands to lift, handle, carry or feel.
- May be required to kneel, bend, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities are required.
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Satisfaction