Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Commercial Representative's primary function is to manage and oversee various commercial aspects of refined products assets including the technical, financial, operations, business development and administrative functions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participating and taking the lead in all aspects of asset management including: technical, operations, commercial, financial, contractual, regulatory and new business development.
- Performing Commercial Marketing activities in support of company assets to include commercial budget process.
- Reading, interpreting, negotiating, and understanding contracts related to facilities.
- Assist in negotiations with suppliers, customers and partners on contracts, issues and dispute resolution.
- Troubleshooting and coordinating pre-emptive action to minimize disruption and defend company interests.
- Business development to include developing proposals, projects, and business solutions.
- Developing and preparing detailed project explanations for asset financial performance.
- Recommending new financial arrangements where such actions are beneficial to the company.
- Assist with presentations to customers, partners, and management.
- Monitoring and alerting management on a timely basis regarding daily production and operating issues affecting the performance of the assets.
- Reviewing and reporting on monthly financial performance of assets.
- Regularly communicating with producers and partners regarding issues, updates and approvals.
- Researching and resolving accounting related issues such as billings and payments.
- Interacting with internal groups (such as A/R, A/P, Engineering, Operations and Legal Departments) and external parties (producers, operators, partners, consultants, contractors) on contract & project issues.
- Responding to requests for information or resolution of issues with partners, producers and management is a key.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant technical or business discipline is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry performing commercial activities is required
- Knowledge of crude oil or refined products storage and terminals is preferred.
- Adept in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to include working with macros and pivot tables to develop spreadsheets of operations and production information.
- Requires ability to multitask and have a common sense approach to problem solving.
- Ability to interact with customers, partners and different disciplines is required.
- Experience reading, interpreting, negotiating, and understanding contracts is required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and grasp energy business process including Commercial and Technical aspects is required.
- Experience working with operations and engineering to better understand issues is preferred.
- Ability to be proactive in keeping up with the asset and responding/communication on issues is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to take effectively collaborate in a team environment, multi-task in a fast pace environment, and be detail oriented yet able to grasp the big picture.
- Strong personal initiative and effective time management are essential to develop knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill job responsibilities in an independent, thorough manner.
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically is required.
- Asset Management
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Business Processes