Under the moderate supervision of the Director of Supply Chain Americas, the Category Manager is responsible for setting strategies and managing a supply network which will support the Business Units’ operational goals related to customer satisfaction, operational excellence through Perfect Execution, and financial performance.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies that achieve defined supply chain objectives and prepare and present the strategies at periodic management and executive reviews.
- Stay current with overall market conditions both from a supply base and raw material perspective. Understand the cost drivers for components.
- Identify and drive projects to meet NMI plan and Cost Reduction Targets.
- Responsible for Development, maintenance and periodic reviews of all the Category assets/tooling located at Suppliers to facilitate reliable Supply.
- Drive and track continuous improvement programs with a focus on performance on quality, lead-time, service level and capacity to provide speed and agility.
- Supplier selection with responsibility for development, qualification, and approval of all assigned suppliers.
- Assess supplier capabilities, perform cost benefit analysis, issue resolution, risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Monitor and report on all key performance indicators with responsibility for ensuring suppliers meet the minimum performance requirements. Phase out non-performing suppliers.
- Lead E-Sourcing & Negotiation events including: spend analysis; RFQ strategy; supplier selection; bid analysis; award strategy; and implementation.
- Manage the strategic business relationship with key preferred suppliers including periodic performance reviews.
- Contract negotiation, administration, and compliance which meet Emerson standards including provisions for price, delivery, payment terms, and Perfect Execution performance metrics.
- Liaison between suppliers, Quality Assurance, Engineering and others as necessary to support cost containment and cost reduction initiatives.
- Management of profit contribution, trade working capital, and capital spending.
- Manages supply chain sustainability with a focus on: capacity, tooling life cycle management, material availability, supply risk assessment, and trade compliance.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Business or technical degree required (BA, BS, ME, EE)
- Strategic Procurement & internal purchasing experience
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Proven communication and teamwork skills enabling effective working relationships
- Ability to comprehend and interpret engineering drawings, quality systems requirements and customer specifications
- Ability to understand component requirements and communicate requirements to suppliers
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Must be willing to travel and possess skills to facilitate communications and progress initiatives while traveling
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- Performance Indicator
- Asset Management
- Risk Analysis