Linde plc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest [ Link removed ] . Linde produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty [ Link removed ] , and high-performance [ Link removed ] . Our products, [ Link removed ] and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of [ Link removed ] , including [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , manufacturing, primary [ Link removed ] and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] .
Praxair Distribution, Inc. (PDI), a member of Linde plc., is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team located in Medford, OR.
The Project Engineer will support highly technical projects in the electronics and specialty gas industry with a focus on safe, timely delivery of the defined scope. The Project Engineer works within a project team typically reporting to a Project Manager.
- Collaborate and work with Linde operations, third-party engineering, equipment suppliers and onsite contractors through all phases of project execution for growth, expansion and improvement capital projects, specifically pre-feasibility development, feasibility and definitive development, project execution and commissioning and turnover.
- Partner with senior process engineers to develop PFDs and charter-level design documents to support order-of magnitude estimates.
- Support project manager and process engineer to author project specifications, subcontractor work scopes and supporting RFQ documents in order to develop /-10% estimate. Support project manager in various stages of design review.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to suppliers of equipment during procurement; maintain project schedule and cost forecast; expedite material delivery; provide technical guidance and support for onsite and remote fabrication and construction activities.
- Participate in system startup and commissioning.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a related industry
- Focused on delivering highly complex projects in a safe and timely manner
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Skilled in working with multi-discipline stakeholders in a highly technical environment
- Experienced with gas purification, ultra-high purity gas transmission and handling
- Experienced with CGA and NFPA codes
- Skilled in developing and maintaining project schedules utilizing MS Project
- Experienced in the development of project estimates by obtaining vendor quotes, developing material take-offs and utilizing standard unit rates
- Willing to travel to support projects across North America (<10% travel required)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.