Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: [ Link removed ]
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for Piping Design Engineer based in Mumbai office. Design and Development of Piping Layout's for Refinery Offsites Area, Oil and Gas.
- Ability to conceptualize plant layout.
- Development of equipment layout and plot plan.
- Development of piping general arrangement drawings. Perform piping and related engineering calculations, stress analysis using CESAR.
- Piping layouts, pipe routings and other related work.
- Thorough knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI Codes and Standards is essential.
- Preparation of isometrics.
- Ability to work on electronic CAD design (AutoCAD / MicroStation) is a benefit for this work.
- Preparation of material specifications for piping and supports.
- Ability to evaluate bid proposals, material take-offs, pricing and budget preparation also is essential.
- Conduct constructability reviews prepare scopes of work, requests for quotation, review design documentation submitted by vendors and evaluate vendor quotations.
- Checking and reviewing of piping layouts and inter discipline layouts.
- Prepare deliverables lists and engineering man-hour estimates.
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care of one’s own health and safety and that of others in the workplace... Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirement.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
B.Eng Degree Mechanical /Chemical Engineer
- 8+ years’ experience in Piping Engineering / Design for large industrial projects especially in Chemical & Petrochemical Plants
- 5 Years’ experience in developing equipment, piping, structural modeling etc. and to extract isometrics.
- Knowledge of codes (API, ASME etc.) and standards (E.g. NACE, NFPA, IBR etc.)
- Knowledge of design for Refineries, petrochemicals and oil & Gas (Offshore and onshore).
- Capable of using the appropriate software
- Good PC skills
- Knowledge of safety engineering.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Must have good Presentation Skills
- Must have good written and spoken English skills.
- Must be a Team Player in a multidisciplinary team
- 3D Modelling skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical attributes
- Professional communication skills –Able to communicate with peers, customers, and vendors
- Integrating / Coding / estimating
- Assessing / Evaluating
- Controlling / Directing
- Reviewing / Evaluating
- Disciplining / Disputes / Grievances
Details about the role:
Location: Mumbai, India
Relocation required: No
Travel required: No
Contract type: Permanent
Experience level: 5+ years
- 3d Model
- Auto Cad