Element has an opportunity for a Quality Manager for our Warringtonfire sites in Belgium. Reporting to the General Manager, you are an essential member of the management team and responsible for the overall quality performance. This includes the Element quality management system (QMS), prime supplier approvals, improving First Time Right, maintaining and developing relationships with prime suppliers and improving processes.
In this role, you will interact with Accreditation Bodies, Notifying Authorities and prime suppliers and will be responsible for advising operational colleagues of the importance of quality, accuracy and integrity in the provision of the inspection and testing services we provide.
You will be involved in leading quality at a local level and will work closely with the Division Quality Manager to ensure that Element quality policies, processes and procedures are effectively implemented in our sites in Gent and Tisselt. As a quality leader within Element you will be capable of driving a culture of quality assurance and quality improvement, working closely with your operational colleagues and the wider Element quality community.
The Quality Manager embeds and drives a culture of quality assurance and quality improvement in all parts of the laboratory operations. You ensure that all accreditations are maintained and extended to service our customer base and retain our competitive position as a leader in the TIC sector.
Skills / Qualifications
- Maintenance and scope extension of all accreditations (e.g. ISO/IEC 17025) and any other regulatory requirements
- Maintenance of the Notification/Recognition by the FOD Economy and the Belgian Maritime Administration
- Implement and maintain the QMS, ensuring the necessary controls are in place to govern the inspection and testing undertaken
- Effectively manage the day to day implementation of the QMS and support colleagues in its implementation
- Prioritise activities to meet the needs of the business, colleagues and our customers
- Ensure all testing equipment and instrumentation is calibrated at all times
- Ensure the continued fulfilment of customer expectations through the implementation of the QMS, e.g. through effective contact review, reporting and in communication with customers or approval bodies
- Manage assessments visits from any regulatory bodies as required
- Ensure that any findings from assessments are responded to in line with the Element established quality requirements and format dictated by the assessment bodies
- Establish and implement appropriate QA/QC programs to reduce the cost of poor quality and improve compliance to regulations, standards, company objectives and customer requirements
- Ensure and provide effective (onboarding) Quality training and training in the electronic quality management system (eQMS) of the operational colleagues
- Drive and monitor the implementation of eQMS ensuring full usage of the available modules
- Implement method audits, system audits, and proficiency testing in line with the established schedule(s) and ensure these are maintained up to date
- Organise and minute monthly quality meetings with the operational teams and maintain good working relationships with operational colleagues within Gent & Tisselt and the wider quality community
The successful candidate must have a
- Bachelor/Master degree (or equivalent qualification) in a scientific or engineering discipline
- a sound working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 in relation to materials testing
- Experience in relation to ISO/IEC 17024 or ISO/IEC 17065 is a plus
Your further qualifications comprise:
- Proven experience in the TIC sector or a related environment (e.g. manufacturing)
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize activities
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in Dutch (Flemish) and English, French is a plus
- Experience in participating in quality investigations, undertaking root cause analysis, developing corrective action plans, and ensuring the effectiveness of actions undertaken
- Requirement to keep up to date with changes in the quality landscape and maintain personal professional development
- Ability to identify quality and technical problems and work with colleagues to determine effective and sustainable solutions
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and work effectively as part of a team
Element offers the right candidate a challenging career within the TIC Sector with plenty of room for personal development and advancement opportunities. In Belgium we test the fire safety of various products so you can make a real impact on creating a saver world. You can expect competitive employement benefits including a pension plan, health insurance, meal vouchers and a cycle plan. Our flexible work hours will help you maintain the balance between work and private life.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Product Quality Assurance