By joining us as a Field Sales Consultant (North East) you will develop and implement a sales strategy for the Emerson Final Controls product lines to exceed the Company’s planned bookings and sales budgets, while focusing on growing the business through the Key accounts both with existing and new opportunities.
You will have the chance to promote all of Emerson’s Valve and Controls products for Isolation Valves, Pressure Relief Valves, Actuation and Control.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, then join our team in the UK! This role is home-based.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL\:
- Provide dedicated customer facing focus, and develop sales and growth strategies in the defined key accounts to achieve and exceed bookings and growth targets ensuring consistency with business unit strategies;
- Utilise consultative selling techniques & relevant account planning tools to develop an understanding of the customer and their needs;
- Keep up with the marketplace and gather intelligence to identify early opportunities in the designated territory and devise strategies to improve success;
- Work with Internal Sales to present an appropriate commercial quotation/proposal to the customer;
- Provide accurate sales forecasts on a monthly basis highlighting any budget issues, risks and resource requirements. In addition, prepare an annual bookings budget by product/value/period;
- Proactively use the CRM tool to ensure effective customer communication and co-ordination;
- Utilise the Strategic selling (Blue Sheets), sales negotiations and sales presentations processes;
- Attend and contribute to business unit and Regional Business team meetings/training as required.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED\:
- Education to HNC and/or Degree level in a relevant field or equivalent;
- Experience of operating within Process Industry supporting Safety Valves / Pressure management;
- Background and experience in Sales, Engineering and Account Management;
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding set targets by proactive selling;
- Proven ability of Business awareness and industry knowhow;
- IT Literate required with experience of CRM preferred.
WHO YOU ARE\:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
By joining Emerson as a Field Sales Consultant (North East), you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Sales Consultant (North East)
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose\: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.