HF Sinclair in El Dorado, KS is seeking a Project Manager who conducts engineering assignments for the Capital Projects Department, working independently and acting as resource and lead position for less experienced personnel. Manages all aspects of assigned projects including project scope, estimate, schedule, engineering design, equipment and material selection, project bidding, contractor selection, construction oversight, management of change, safety and environmental oversight and all other project tasks to successfully accomplish project goals of refinery capital projects in a safe, profitable, timely and efficient manner. Supports multiple capital projects simultaneously within a managed budget and execution schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Uses common engineering concepts in a particular field to perform projects, and assignments for the engineering department with direct supervision and exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Estimates the cost and feasibility of a given project, supervises contractors and field activities and provides discipline specific engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues, depending on assignment.
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements), and solves technical problems related to projects, troubleshoots and updates report data for business unit(s) depending on assignment.
- Develop project scopes, budgets and AFE’s for approval and ensure projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents and estimates
- Procure equipment/material; Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment.
- Track schedule and costs and provide regular reports and forecasts
- Assist other project managers with estimates, designs, and construction packages as well as providing quality assurance support during construction.
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
- Upgrade, design, configure, maintain and monitor related equipment and performance
- Analyze related components and systems, processes and methods, and refinery processes and economics
- Designs chemical or other plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals
- Designs, plans layout, and oversees personnel engaged in constructing, controlling, and improving equipment for carrying out chemical processes on a commercial scale
- Provides mechanical, civil, and structural review for all new, existing, and revamped equipment and facilities to ensure consistency with applicable design standards such as API, ASME, NFPA, ANSI, OSHA, etc.
- Provides start up assistance for existing as well as new equipment within the refinery
- Performs economic analyses and prepares ROI and AFE reports for capital upgrades
- Investigates and resolve work-in-process problems.
- Reviews proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of eight years of progressive work experience in a specific engineering discipline and project management experience is required.
Refinery or petrochemical industry experience is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline is required.
A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
Technical expert in area of specialty. Advanced ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes and apply knowledge analytically. Strong knowledge of Microsoft products and commonly used engineering concepts and experience with engineering software. Familiarity with standards and practices of the specific discipline. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, advanced reading and writing skills, with the ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.Supervisory/Managerial Responsibility
May be responsible for the supervision of contractors.
Office and plant based with up to 5% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, and out-of-doors environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, wet and/or oil contaminated conditions, at both below grade and elevated positions, and working in confined spaces. Subject to all temperatures, weather and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs, climbing up to 200 ft, perceiving color differences, required to wear personal protective equipment as needed and a respirator in emergency situations (beards not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid state driver's license and proof of insurance required. Job conditions may require twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping.
Our One HF Sinclair Culture:
At HF Sinclair, we are united through our One HF Sinclair Culture, which is underpinned by our five core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. Developed to empower our people, our five core cultural values are at the heart of everything we do and extend to how we engage our stakeholders. These values influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. We have a long-standing commitment to Integrity and ethical behavior and do what is right for our employees, investors, communities and the environment. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. We foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger.
About HF Sinclair Corporation
HF Sinclair Corporation (“HF Sinclair”), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HF Sinclair Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
- Chemical Process
- Confined Spaces