Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Purpose of the job
Perform the activities (under the governance/guidance of the PSAM) related to safety assurance in the Projects and Programs (products and systems). Activities can be related to Project, System, software, hardware domains
- Deliver/perform Safety analysis under the guidance of the PSAM, with the strict application of process as per Signalling Safety Instruction
- Participate to the elaboration of the Safety Reports and the Safety Case under the guidance of the PSAM
- Apply the safety assurance methodologies (risk acceptance criteria, safety analysis, verification and validation) defined for the project / system / product
- Attend periodic Safety Reviews
- Support actions contributing to close the findings of the assessors (Internal or External)
- Advanced University or Engineering degree
- English operational in reading and writing for technical documentation
- System, Electrical, Electronics, Electromechanical engineering knowledge (desirable)
- Hardware and/or Software knowledge (desirable)
- Can be a beginner in safety but depending of the domain specific experience is required on System, data preparation, Hardware or Software domain – mandatory
- Some knowledge of Cenelec Standards for Safety (or equivalent standards if needed: AREMA, IEEE, etc ) - desirable
- For complex projects/programs 2 years successful experience in safety assurance – desirable
Competencies & Skills
- Structured and organized
- Fast learner
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
- Electro Mechanical Engineering
- Risk Analysis
- Stress Management