Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking an Executive Utility Sales Engineer to join our team. This position covers the Indiana and Ohio territories.
The primary function of the Lead Sales Engineer is to market and sell Eaton’s products and services to obtain orders to utility customers that are profitable to Eaton. The position is expected to achieve assigned sales results in the utility segment and provide sales and technical assistance. This will be expected in the geographic market region consistent with the expectations of seasoned sales professionals. The primary responsibility is to manage the assigned utility customer base inclusive of utility engineer, procure, and construct, to increase sales in the local marketplace, application guidance and technical assistance to assigned utility customers. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, specifiers, and customers including Eaton Authorized Distributors. Lead the enterprise for coordination of strategy across the end-user utility at their headquarters located within assigned geography.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Meet assigned revenue quota for accounts and grow overall share within assigned territory
- Manage channel partners, continuously assessing their performance to make sure revenue target are met.
- Introduce new products to assigned customer and partners, delivering our value propositions.
- Perform necessary training on products for customers.
- Establish and maintain executive level relationships with customer, bringing in appropriate division personnel, as needed, to accomplish this.
- Work internally with Division personnel to communicate customer needs (be voice of customer) and assure that Division is responding to customer requests.
- Manage T&E budget to stay within assigned levels.
- Provide written monthly report to management on status of key customers and selling activities.
- Identify and capture opportunities in CRM.
- Participate in focus groups and task forces from time to time as needed by Division or Manager.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution,
- Minimum 5 years of electrical industry experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation offered from within hiring country.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years' of sales experience
- Experience with sales within the Utility market, inclusive of transmission and distribution sales
- Experience with channel management
- Experience working with consulting engineers
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time