Brief Description of SunnovaSunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The SOLAR ELECTRICIAN HELPER Position
Sunnova Energy Corporation is currently searching for a Solar Electrician Helper for our Maintenance and Service group. Sunnova owns and maintains a distributed fleet of residential solar systems across 30+ states and several U.S. territories. All monitoring and inbound customer service calls are handled in-house. We utilize a highly skilled team of technicians as well as third-party service partners to maintain and service our fleet. The Solar Helper’s primary responsibility is to assist Solar Technicians in maintaining the performance of the solar systems, provide excellent customer service to our customers, and ensure a smooth workflow and optimally performing solar systems.
SOLAR ELECTRICIAN HELPER Responsibilities
- Assists Solar Technician in performing maintenance and service tasks for solar customers in assigned territories.
- Assists Solar Technician in evaluating systems accurately for maintenance, warranty, design, and other purposes.
- Assists Solar Technician in providing Tier 1 troubleshooting for all performing solar systems.
- Develops knowledge of all roof types and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs while working at heights.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Field Service Manager
- 0-1+ year of experience as an electrical technician, solar installer, or solar maintenance technician
- High School Diploma (or GED) plus electrical training.
- Current valid Driver's license with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- 1 + years of labor experience in electrical trade, general construction, or mechanical experience.
- 1 + years in the Solar Electric Industry
- Formal electrical apprenticeship and or Vocational training
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies
- Projects a professional appearance
- Working time is spent working outside, working on residential rooftops, driving to customer residences, and some ground and inside work, depending on location of system equipment.
- In some parts of the country, working conditions may include cold and snowy weather, hot and humid weather, and everything in between. Must be comfortable working in many different environments.
- Must be willing to travel for some projects; overnight travel estimated up to 25%
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance may be provided for oversized items
- Able to sit, stand and walk, and drive for up to 8 hours at a time
- Work postures include reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling objects above/below the shoulder
Remote Locations listed in Posting
BENEFITS: FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY WITH COMPANY VEHICLE PROVIDED, OVERTIME, 3 WEEKS PTO,10 HOLIDAYS, PAID PARENTAL LEAVE, 401K, MEDICAL, VISION AND DENTAL BENEFITS.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process