PROJECT MANAGER (COMMERCIAL) - San Francisco/Peninsula, CA
As one of the nation’s largest specialty contractors focused on electrical construction projects, what we do is important, but how we do it is what makes us special or unique. For more than 65 years, Cupertino Electric has built the infrastructure that allows forward-looking companies to realize their vision. We deliver commercial, energy and data center projects fast and without compromise. Our values of People, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation and Safety are reflected in how we treat one other, interact with customers and approach problems. In addition to building great projects, we believe in building great communities as evidenced by our generous giving and volunteer programs.
As a Construction Project Manager at Cupertino Electric, you are responsible for the day-to-day operations of electrical construction projects and the successful management of a high-performing team. You will manage the planning, execution, and financial performance of your projects using business practices that are consistent with our company values – people, safety, integrity, innovation, and excellence. Bringing projects to completion within budget constraints and at or above the customer’s expectations, you’ll build relationships to enhance future business development opportunities. Ideally, you’ll have at least five years of experience managing people and electrical construction projects within the commercial, utility, alternative energy, or data center markets.
The San Jose Commercial Division has been managing projects in the Bay Area since 1954 in the Biotech, Commercial Office, Education, Entertainment, High-Rise, Medical/Healthcare (OSHPD), Public Works, and Retail markets.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and lead projects and project teams successfully from qualification, through estimate, pre-construction, mobilization, execution, and closeout. Ensure all project and contractual agreements are met and performed safely and professionally within established budgets and timeframes.
- Establish project execution plan and provide scheduling and coordination for each project. Collaborate with Superintendent and field team to ensure projects are completed on schedule.
- Identify project risks and potential issues. Develop and execute recovery action plans.
- Manage project financials, review and approve invoices, track budget variance, job cost, and productivity, and report on financial performance.
- Successfully negotiate change orders.
- Act as key point of contact with customers and end-user owners. Manage and develop customer and subcontractor relationships. Source and qualify new opportunities.
- Develop and manage a high-performance team. Provide mentorship and training to employees to ensure growth and development.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering preferred, or a combination of HS Graduation and significant relevant experience
- Strong management and leadership skills, to include a history of leading teams with a passion for developing employees
- Strong ability to influence and drive positive outcomes
- At least 5 years of experience in electrical construction or related activities in a leadership role managing multi-million-dollar projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the estimating, project cost accounting, scheduling, procurement, productivity tracking, and reporting principles necessary to profitably complete electrical construction projects
- Experience with union workforces, labor rate calculations, and collective bargaining agreements preferred
- Verifiable experience of safe, reliable and integrity-driven work habits, including working in unsupervised field settings, and remote office locations when appropriate
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Project. Experience with Accubid Classic or Enterprise preferred.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Collective Bargaining
- Construction Management