EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: HVAC Journeyman Mechanic (RCC)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for an HVAC Journeyman Mechanic in Reston, VA. The HVAC Technician operates, monitors, troubleshoots, repairs and performs routine reoccurring preventive maintenance services to base building HVAC and other related mechanical and electrical equipment. This position reports to the Chief Engineer.
- Work on typical HVAC systems to include, but limited to; rooftop equipment, cooling towers, DX split systems, specialized comfort cooling and task cooling equipment, centrifugal, screw and reciprocating chillers and compressors, kitchen equipment, fans, air handling units and other air moving equipment, computer room systems, steam, hot, chilled, condensate and condenser water distribution systems and support equipment, emergency power systems (HVAC related), mechanical, solid-state, electronic and pneumatic control systems.
- Performs routine reoccurring preventive maintenance services and tasks as documented by the CMMS and other special requests or requirements to building mechanical equipment.
- Monitors the site operations through the BMCS control system. Performs tests, calibration and operation as required.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs of all HVAC equipment.
- Institute the corrective action and/or inform the supervisor on any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
- Must be proficient in using test equipment (meters, leak detectors, micrometers, amprobes, psychrometers, analyzers, CO and CO2 testers and monitors) to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment.
- Monitor subcontractors in their task and provide reports when needed.
- Supervises the work of support staff (GMW, Tour Mechanic) as may be required.
- Attend meetings with Client and USG and be prepared to provide corrective solution to site issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CFC Universal
- Journeyman HVAC License
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics and specifications
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Chiller Plant Operations and thorough knowledge of a refrigerant cycle
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Building Air Systems
- ISSA TS/SCI w/Full Scope Poly clearance preferred
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs./ push up to 100 lbs.)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies. parts
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.
- Control Systems
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Electrical Installation Work