AS A TERRITORY MANAGER, YOU WILL:
If you are a Sales professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in the San Francisco, California area (Oakland, CA or San Jose, CA), you will report to the Regional Sales Manager for the Western Region. Your job will be to offer perspectives and insights to the way customers view their business, align their insights and priorities, while tying those insights back to our product differentiators. You will be able to drive two-way communications and clearly articulate our value proposition and engage the end-customer in jointly addressing their business priorities.
The ability to define and implement sales plans, assess economic drivers and industry activity, and understand the implications on customers’ business, including new business opportunities, is important for success in this position.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Performing field product demonstrations, training, & troubleshooting with end users and distribution while driving strategic new products sales and solutions to expand markets and share
- Developing, presenting, & executing annual business plans to deliver incremental sales growth along with running a monthly/yearly sales forecast
- Developing & owning relationships with both Key Distributor Partners and End Users, being their go-to source for product, applications, & pricing program for your given market
- Supporting regional & national organizations through training and special initiative execution
- Building merchandising displays at key distributor channel partner locations
You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations. You identify and seize new opportunities. You create teamwork allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. You anticipate future trends and implications accurately. You use financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
Flexible Work Schedule – Remote Work Option and Core Hours
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week and a core hour schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, or other relevant fields; OR minimum of five years outside sales experience in lieu of a degree
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An eye for business with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel & PowerPoint; CRM Application experience a plus.
- Legal work authorization in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience in Sales, Marketing, or technical support of B2B Sales
- Experience with distribution channels, with emphasis on industrial, plumbing, & electrical channels
- Demonstrated success in formulating, presenting, executing, & measuring a Territory Business Plan with a successful history of achieving goals and sales targets.
- Strong time management & territory leadership skills
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Business To Business