Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. Covia’s rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
COVIA IS COMMITTED TO EMBRACING AND PROMOTING DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION (D&I) WHERE WE WORK, WITH WHOM WE DO BUSINESS, AND WHERE WE LIVE. We strive to create an inclusive culture where diversity is valued and respected and where all feel included and engaged. We are intentional in our efforts to bring Team Members together and create opportunities to contribute their unique skills, experiences and perspectives in the pursuit of Covia’s business growth objectives. Enabling all Team Members to perform at their best while being themselves is fundamental to the Clearly Covia Values and Culture.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Sr Process Engineer who will have a positive impact on the Technical Services team at its Monterrey Office location. The Sr Process Engineer recommends about the plant’s productive process as well as equipment based on current policies, procedures, and standards in order to reduce production costs and improve product quality. Reports directly to the Process Manager
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- To propose the audit plan and its scope to the Plant’s Manager in order to establish the plant’s availability date and the processes to be audited.
- To coordinate the use of the material and equipment necessary to perform the process sampling to be audited.
- To analyze the results obtained from the audit in order to determine how efficient the process operation was and the plant’s key equipment.
- To make observations of the process to identify its areas of opportunity.
- To recommend improvements to those areas of opportunity found to increase productivity and efficiency of the process, reduce costs, or improve product quality.
- To advise by providing technical information of the process and material flow to the Operations Department for the preparation of capital projects
- To make tests with suppliers’ equipment to verify their technical specifications when deemed necessary.
- To review civil, mechanical, and electrical plans to verify their compliance with the requirements of the project.
- To review the design of the process’s control system to be implemented in order to assure that it is adequate for the stability of the process.
- To control dry starts and later on by using water to check equipment functioning and, in case of failure, to assure that proper correction actions are taken.
- To control process startup with pulp, verifying the process’s set points, the equipment’s proper functioning, and the quality of the product to determine if the process can be released to the plant for its operation.
- To train the operators in the new processes and equipment implemented to operate them according to the requirements of the new process.
- To prepare the process instruction sheets to be submitted to the plant for their implementation.
- To prepare the startup completion document (operational aspect completed) to formalize fulfillment of the project’s startup goals.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining and Metallurgical / Chemistry Engineering required
- >8 years demonstrated experience in managing operations in multiple sites
- Fluent in English both in written and verbal language.
- Benefits above of Mexican Law, including medical services, saving founds, and other
- Short time incentive program
- Other social benefits
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military service or reserve or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Control Systems
- Quality Management
- Technical Information