Newmont Australian operations are located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory with roles in operations, projects and exploration. Regional Support is provided from our offices based in Subiaco - close to public transport and with onsite parking facilities. The world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With operations on four continents, we are honoured to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the past five years and the only one listed in the S&P 500 index.
This exciting role will be the sole point of accountability for delivery of Mining Studies within the Australian region.
In This Role You Will:
The Study Manager – Mining will apply knowledge, skills and experience to effectively plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate prefeasibility and feasibility studies and support the delivery of Definitive Feasibility for Mining Studies. These studies will comprise multidiscipline teams evaluating all aspects including geology, geotechnical, hydrogeology, mine planning, metallurgy, process, infrastructure and ES&G and as such it is imperative that the Study Manager engages all necessary stakeholders to assess the challenges associated with the study, construction and operation stages of the project cycle in the selection, engineering and scheduling of the preferred project option.
With experience preferably gained at operational sites and in project roles, this role will be expected to lead multi-discipline teams of both internal SME’s and consultants whilst effectively managing interaction with the Technical Services Group, Long Term Planning, Global Projects, stakeholders and regulators to deliver successful study outcomes. The role will interact closely with site, regional and corporate management teams.
The Study Manager – Mining will also be responsible for the development of all necessary documentation in line with Newmont Investment System requirements to enable successful navigation of the internal stage gates and obtain the required permits to develop the projects.
- Develop and optimise project opportunities in line with the Newmont Investment System delivering exceptional value to stakeholders.
- Develop and manage plans and budgets to execute studies;
- Manage and coordinate internal SME and consultant resources;
- Coordinate and manage trade off studies;
- Management of studies to effectively deliver study outcomes within the schedule and budget constraints;
- Ensure compliance to Newmont procedures and processes;
- Manage and develop Newmont Stage Gate deliverables for the study stages.
- Provide regular updates for the project master schedule and accurate cost forecasting;
- Manage information flow between project resources and stakeholders;
- Produce weekly and monthly progress report summaries for key stakeholders;
- Ensure risk and opportunity identification is undertaken during the design phases, risk and opportunity register is maintained and control closeout actions have been undertaken and incorporated into the design or other controls.
- Tertiary Qualification specialising in Mine Engineering, Process / Metallurgical Engineering or equivalent discipline;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in mining industry;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing mining studies;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Mine Engineering or Process / Metallurgical engineering;
- Demonstrated personal commitment in regard to safety, environmental and Social Responsibility practices;
- Experience in the design, operation and management of mining operations would be advantageous;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multi-discipline teams and effectively manage priorities;
- Understanding and operational experience in the managing and planning of operating and capital budgets and business plans;
- Demonstrated experience in managing Engineering consultants;
- Strong analytical capabilities and sound business sense, advanced documentation preparation skills with high attention to detail;
- Excellent vertical and horizontal communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Must be able to evaluate potential projects and develop and present presentations which are accurate and concise and clearly manage risk/opportunity;
- Proven ability to ‘think outside of the box’ and develop complex mining development solutions;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
More About Newmont
- Website: [ Link removed ]
- Lifecycle of a Mine: [ Link removed ]
- Blog: [ Link removed ]
- Annual sustainability report: [ Link removed ]
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal. If you are asked to do either, do not respond and please report this immediately to [ Email address blocked ] .