Element has an opportunity for a Test Technician to join our rapidly expanding team. As a member of the operations team, the Test Technician position performs a variety of routine and non-routine testing assignments within the department assigned and insures timely and accurate test results under direct supervision.
The technician positions must be proficient in a number of core business skills including but not limited to compliance to established safety rules, code of conduct, and company policies and procedures.
In this role you will be required to prepare and perform material tests on specimens in support of the Aerospace Sector
Your main responsibilities will include:
Skills / Qualifications
- Ensuring specimens are prepared and tested in accordance with documented internal procedures
- Ensuring that jigs/fixtures and associated test equipment are prepared and used in accordance with documented procedures and standards
- The direct/indirect mechanical and physical testing of metallic materials
- Ensuring LIMS worksheets are filled out correctly and in accordance with Element quality system
- Ordering of laboratory consumables where applicable
- Demonstration of testing to visitors, inspectors and auditors as required
- Maintaining high levels of laboratory housekeeping across all activities
- Ensuring Health & Safety is enforced in working areas
- Ensuring Element Quality System is enforced in working areas, including maintenance of equipment
As a successful candidate you will have a good general education including English, Maths and Science. A higher qualification in Engineering, and an ability to read and interpret engineering drawings would be advantageous
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses the ability to work alone the majority of the work day; only requiring assistance for clarification or confirmation of test procedures
- Understands what must be completed each work day and takes the initiative to complete those tasks properly and timely
- Ability to take testing projects from initial set up to completion and ready for report writing.
- Ability to read and understand customer specifications and perform the testing required. May schedule customer visits for test review and customer resolution(s)
- Employee will develop a proven ability to set up and perform a variety of tests according to customer specifications under minimal supervision and technical input of a Senior/Principal Test Technician
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
- Aerospace Industries
- Conflict Management