EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: HVAC Technician I
The HVAC technicians are the Key support positions for the Site Lead. When the Site Lead is not available on site, the HVAC technician will take the role as the lead person and will respond to all facility production needs. The HVAC technician will typically be the 1st shift responder to requests and troubleshooting opportunities. The HVAC technician will complete required PM's and repairs on the facility equipment. The technician is expected to communicate problems and deficiencies as well as follow-up activities. The HVAC technician will have the ability to prioritize repairs based upon the production’s best interest. The following is a list of major responsibilities for the HVAC technician. This is a second shift position working: 3 pm-1130 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all HVAC equipment. Up to but not limited to:
• Starts systems, observes operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms
• Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
• Discuss system malfunctions with users to isolate problems. Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
• Lubricates fans, motors, and control units. Replaces defective/worn parts.
• Cuts, threads, gas welds, connects pipe to functional HVAC component systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains equipment.
- Must be able to complete PM and work order activity in CMMS. Following guidance from the client's CMMS and the client's Leadership.
- When requested by the client supervisor, prepare reports, whether on equipment failures, accidents, technical reports, and near misses.
- Keeps working area neat. Assists in keeping facility clean. 5S & COP.
HS diploma or Degree/Certification, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in HVAC maintenance and repair in a facility/plant environment.
- Driver’s license
- Universal EPA/Refrigerant License.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with the following types of equipment: HVAC, Air Compressors, Pump and Plumbing Maintenance, Basic Electrical and Mechanical Skills are required.
- Candidates will possess an intermediate knowledge of computers and software. Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Email.
- Must have ability to work with basic mathematical concepts including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and solutions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must have ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Understand business implications of decisions; treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others'; follows policies and procedures and supports organization's goals and values.
- Associate must have experience and abide with OSHA guidelines including Lock-out/Tag-out and HAZCOM guidelines.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm in the face of the customer and subordinates.
- Ability to read and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components.
Must be able to constantly climb stairs and fixed ladders. Work environment will include heights above 15 ft and noise levels above 80 dBA. Must not be sensitive or allergic to chemicals. Must be able to work in a full range of indoor and outdoor conditions during all four seasons. Stand, walk and sit. Use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel. Reach with hands and arms. Climb or balance. Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must be able to lift and \u0022or move up to 50 pounds. Perform work on or at the roof level. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus, determine full range of colors in work areas, drawings and mapping Ability to move about industrial properties and construction sites, through tight passageways and corridors. On their feet the majority of the shift
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and may work in precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Potentially toxic, acidic or caustic chemicals. Outdoor weather conditions. Short term extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee will work in an environment where the following safety equipment is needed: steel toe shoes, hearing protection, hardhat, eye protection, bump cap, sleeves, and welding jackets. Abide by all safety guidelines including OSHA regulations, lock-out/tag-out, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Valves (Piping)
- Circuit Switches