In this role you will:
We have a great opportunity for a technical professional with keen people skills to join our team and bring a strong contribution to our operations at a European level.
The Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) EU Lead Engineer is responsible for the successful technical delivery of single/multi countries MES projects to our customers. They provide technical expertise/guidance to an international team of MES Consultants, Tech Steering members and MES engineers, starting at the final stages of the proposal phase, through to supporting site acceptance activities. This comes with day-to-day responsibility for the project, leading and supervising members of the team, coordinating solutions to technical queries and providing input on schedule. Projects will be primarily in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, so previous experience of delivering projects in a validated environment is essential.
If you excel when working in a dynamic/fast-paced environment, you enjoy motivating your team to achieve their goals and guiding the customer through the process, we welcome you to join our team!
For this role you will need:
- Work effectively with customer and sales team to understand the customer’s business needs, how a proposed solution will address those needs and be able to articulate this to the project team, and any third parties.
- Be the client’s point of contact on all technical issues and demonstrate our product and services capabilities.
- Perform high-level technical analysis and evaluation.
- Train and lead a team of engineers to successfully implement single or multi-countries projects, delegating portions of it to MES Senior Engineers and Technical Specialists as per the project resources.
- Support the Project Manager in the development of a realistic and achievable project schedule and ensure they are fully advised of any customer initiated changes in scope;
- Ensuring the Project Quality Checklist is completed and that Quality and Project Management Plan is implemented accurately.
- Develop the project design review and code review processes.
- Develop project template documents.
- Ensure that the defined requirements are delivered through good implementation (based on project configuration guidelines), cGMP and testing guidelines.
- Work closely with Tech Steering group to define a solution architecture that includes scope, sizing, system / operational requirements, integration/teamwork, project estimations and execution approach.
- Work with procurement to develop the procurement list, including detailed specifications for any sub-contracted works and services where relevant, along with required delivery dates.
- Mentor trainee engineers in MES theory, software configuration and standard methodologies.
- Create an inclusive and supportive environment for all personnel within the project team and actively support team members in achieving any personal development objectives that may have been set for the project.
Our Offer to You
- An engineering degree or equivalent with demonstrated ability in the MES business with focus on the life-science industry, and a proven track record in project execution.
- Excellent knowledge of MES systems (e.g. Emerson Syncade, Rockwell ProPack Data, Werum PAS-X, POMSnet).
- Strong background in one or more of DCS systems, information/data management systems, relational databases and interfacing (especially OPC) is helpful.
- Significant experience in MES project design (high-level front end, functional and detailed design), execution (requirements analysis, design, software development and review, solution implementation, testing and acceptance, traceability) in a management/leadership capacity (managing scope and timescales).
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies.
- Knowledge of ERP (including integration with SAP), active directory, DNS, IP networks and virtualisation are all helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees at different levels in the organisation.
- Proactive and positive attitude, with a high level personal integrity.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Proficient in English and another European language (written and spoken).
- Willingness to travel in Europe for assignments (commissioning, tests at the customer site) is important. In the current climate this will be limited and subject to internal policy in place to ensure safety and wellbeing of employees.
By joining Emerson as a MES EU Lead Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.