For over 75 years, Oil States Industries, Inc. has been a highly respected technology and solutions pioneer manufacturing diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense, and general industrial applications worldwide.
Oil States Industries, Inc. recognizes that our diverse workforce is our greatest asset. We offer a competitive compensation package, including paid time off as well as health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment. Paid time off includes vacation, holiday and sick time. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, long and short term disability, and flexible spending accounts. When we contribute to the company’s success, we all win.
Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it? Come join our team!
Oil States is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of Assembler Test Technician II in Arlington, Texas.
Responsible for the safe, efficient, handling, installation and assembly of large, heavy steel components in support of the manufacturing process and testing functions as well as scheduling duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely, responsibly and efficiently lifts handles and assembles large parts, tools and equipment.
- Operate a variety of equipment including common manual/pneumatic hand tools, hydraulic torque wrenches, hydraulic tensioning devices, hydraulic presses, steam systems, overhead cranes, and forklift.
- Ensure products are shipped on time.
- Ensure safe working environment and clean work area.
- Assist with mechanical test programs and manufacturing procedures.
- Communicate and coordinate activities with various individuals.
- Travel to and perform field operations at either onshore or offshore facilities, commensurate with experience, including appropriate training to meet site requirements.
- Installation of various test devices.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A heavy equipment manufacturing and/or oilfield services background with at least 2-4 years of experience in the assembly of heavy equipment.
- Read, understand and follow written procedures and mechanical drawings.
- First hand knowledge and experience with both common hand tools, heavy lift equipment, hydraulic torque wrenches and hydraulic tensioning devices.
- Basic understanding of mechanical devices, manufacturing processes and their operation.
- Possess a broad knowledge of good safety practices and an excellent safety record.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in production or manufacturing environment.
- Strong organization skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the capacity to work constructively with others.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written procedures and mechanical drawings.
- Able to work physically demanding 8 to 12 hour shifts.
- Capable of considerable bending, standing and lifting for extended periods.
- Capable of working outside in all weather conditions.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds frequently and 75-100 pounds occasionally with assistance.
Be part of what’s next at Oil States Industries, Inc.!
Over 75 years in business
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Forklift Truck
- Heavy Equipment
- Hydraulic Press
- Interpersonal Skills