Our industry-leading technology organization is looking for a passionate, quality-minded individual to help drive continuous improvement throughout our development organization.The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that software development processes and resulting work products are best in class and deliver maximum stakeholder value. The SQA Engineer role is preventative in nature and the successful candidate will work with development teams to build-in quality throughout the development lifecycle.
- Define and maintain software development processes and keep current with industry best practices
- Train and mentor development teams on software process to ensure consistency and effectiveness
- Perform defect analysis (e.g. defect leakage, clustering, root-cause analysis) with a focus on improving up-front software quality
- Participate in systematic reviews of development artifacts to ensure process compliance and identify improvement opportunities
- Identify and utilize metrics to diagnose process issues and improve performance
- Champion adoption of Agile principles in conjunction with shift to new methodology
- Participate in retrospectives, collect global lessons learned and manage continuous improvement Kanban
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Four or more years’ experience in a software development, testing, or SQA role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to influence others
- A passion for quality and exceptional attention to detail
- Very strong analytical skills, expertise in Excel, SQL familiarity
- 2 years’ experience in a SQA role, especially in a regulated industry
- Experience developing software in an organization using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 4.0 or SAFe 4.5)
- Experience in the development of process control systems, avionics, or other near-real time information control systems
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Agile Software Development
Attention To Detail