We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Under strict supervision, assists during rigging-up and rigging-down of cementing service equipment on work locations to include spotting of cement storage vessels, pre-mixing of spacer fluids, rigging-up appropriate data monitoring equipment.
- Learns basic oil well operations including but not limited to: pipe capacities and volume/height math, plug landing pressures, absolute volumes (including total water requirements for job), hydrostatic and differential pressure, resulting forces, balanced plugs, bulk cement blending calculations to include liquid additives and weighted spacers, pressure to reverse, and determining burst and collapse.
- Assists in the operation of some or all of the following: cement pumping and mixed equipment, blenders, liquid additive metering systems, centrifugal pumps, data acquisition systems, Automatic Density Control (ADC) systems, bulk cement blending, delivery, and storage systems, manifold equipment, and cementing plug releasing tools. Assists in the performance of pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and associated paperwork/reports.
- Understands hazardous materials, job, wash up and discharge procedures.
- Verifies correct line up of valves on bulk systems and surface manifold equipment.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, have minimal impact upon the viability of the organization.
- Error is readily ascertainable by the supervisor and can be corrected.
- Skills are typically acquired through successful completion of high school or similar education and 3-6 months of experience as an Operator Asst-Cementing I.
- Licensure to drive commercial equipment may be required.
- May require I-Learn courses: Cementing II and Service Tools I.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
6900 Nugget Rd, Evansville, Wyoming, 82636, United States
Requisition Number: 89672
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Rigging (Sailing Ship)