If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Lead Engineer - Digitalisation based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The candidate will primarily be responsible for leading digitalisation projects for implementing digitalization strategies for the EIIC integrated Test Lab to achieve targeted efficiency improvements.
- Work closely with Digital organization, Test Lab managers & key users to contribute in the definition and development of digitalization ecosystem roadmap (from descriptive to prescriptive journey) for Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) integrated test lab and provide leadership in the implementation of the same.
- Digitalization of test labs and its systems includes but not limited to:
- Monitoring of connected equipment, asset utilization, energy management, predictive maintenance
- Control (various controllers – PLCs, drive controls, distributed control systems, product test data of physical and digital prototypes, digital twins)
- Support (digital work instructions – digital, wearable, AR/VR, HMI, worker support tools, operator displays, dashboard systems)
- Identify and lead diverse projects under the test lab digitalization strategic initiative
- Implement digital solutions to simplify work processes, for problem solving and to improve speed and effectiveness with agile approach
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within processes and identification of better ways of working
- Identify improvement opportunities and drive improvements through automation and digitalization using right technologies, by working closely with stakeholders
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for test lab engineers and related technicians at EIIC to upskill on digital technologies and automation
- Use project management experience to develop and control the schedule, direct the work in order to effectively manage time. Monitor progress & achievements on projects.
- Provide regular reports on performance measures, development & support activities.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electrical /Electronics/ Computer Science / Instrumentation/ Mechatronics engineering from an accredited university/institution
- 10 to 15 years of experience in deploying incremental digital solutions within the organization or with end customers
- Min. 3 to 5 years of experience in leading automation and digitalisation projects as part of Smart factory / Factory of the Future program.
- Must have proven experience in driving efficiency improvement through automation and digitalisation projects in manufacturing and/or testing set-ups for systems like Performance monitoring and control, Waste reduction and de-skilling, Energy management, Predictive maintenance, Asset Management etc.
- Should have end-to-end solution development and project implementation experience, for at least 2 IOT solutions; using various technologies by working with external partners or suppliers in digital solutions space like
- Connected devices, IoT platfomrs, Cyber-physical system architecture, Communication networks, Software programming, Data analytics, Cloud computing, Automation, Augmented reality, Virtual reality, Cyber secuirty etc.
- Required work experience on visualisation tools such as PowerBI.
- Hands-on experience of Software programming (such as R, Python), IoT platform (such as Thingworx or similar) and Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality (such as Vuforia, HoloLens etc.) will be an added advantage
- Good Communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Creative problem solving
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Internet Of Things (Io T)