Element has an opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Technician to join our growing team. In this role you will be under limited supervision, performs challenging maintenance and shipping/receiving work within our San Jose facility.
Skills / Qualifications
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on all buildings (interior & exterior), company leased apartment units, properties, and company-owned vehicles
- Contacts and schedules vendors and contractors for necessary building repair and emergencies that are outside the scope of routine maintenance work
- Maintains a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and the next service is due
- Troubleshooting to include electrical, structural, plumbing and HVAC issues
- Responsible for receiving, shipping, packaging, and transport of goods
- Performs weekly facility maintenance and assist in monthly safety inspection
- Responds to multiple maintenance requests from various departments
- Participates in the disaster planning, safety, and business continuity events
- Takes appropriate action to ensure safety of themselves, staffs, and visitors in the building
- Transports equipment, samples, and other packages between buildings
- 2 to 4 years of relevant building maintenance and shipping experience/training or equivalent
- Knowledgeable of shipping procedures, packaging, and recordkeeping
- Familiar with Microsoft Applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Apps
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Natural ability to multitask and prioritize with minimum guidance and supervision in a dynamic fast changing environment
- Organized, fast learner, work well independently and in a team environment, detail oriented is a must
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Attention To Detail