If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Sales Manager in Eaton's Aerospace Business, based in Singapore. The position is responsible for discovering new business opportunities and growing sales for Eaton Aerospace in the commercial aftermarket & military segment of the Asia Pacific region. This is a 'player-coach' role, which includes leading a small team of customer account managers, and also being directly responsible for several key accounts within the assigned territory. This role would be accountable for the overall bookings and sales for the assigned territory and customers, improving overall customer satisfaction, as well as driving the performance of distributors/agents to achieve the desired business results.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Lead the team to accomplish all orders, sales and strategic goals for the assigned territory, in line with the regional and corporate objectives.
- Increase 'baseline' business by increasing market share for repair business and sales of spare parts.
- Increase predictive sales and identify ahead of customer need potential sales opportunities with effective use of market & sales data.
- Providing timely forecasts and reports for the assigned territory.
- Prepare and present comprehensive business reviews of assigned customers, identifying performance against goal/budget on regular basis, detailed forecast for the rest of the year with deep dive analysis.
- Stay abreast of the commercial and military aerospace market in the Asia Pacific region.
- Maintain competitive knowledge on peer companies and competitors in order to perform competitive analysis and develop competitive positioning papers and matrices. Able to formulate responses to competitive threats and develop new initiatives to grow the business.
- Develop key customer relationships and continuously improve Eaton’s reputation within the market.
- Provide frontline support to airlines, MRO's, agents and distributors within the region to promote the capabilities of Eaton's products and systems with a deep understanding of competitors'products and key differences in performance, reliability and total value.
- Active role in identifying RMU opportunities in the market, working with internal colleagues and achieving bookings/sales from the customers in a timely manner.
- Support credit control functions with aged debt.
- Able to serve as an escalation point for the team to resolve issues: this role requires strong internal collaboration with various internal stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Site PSM's, RMU Teams, Customer Service Teams and Eaton sites).
- Develop the team's capabilities and skillset to adapt to changing trends and business conditions.
- Effective in a matrix management environment
- Strong Leadership skills – able to energize and motivate the team to excel in a complex environment, and to develop the long term collective skillsets within the team.
- Strong Business Acumen – must understand market and customer trends, customer needs and impact on future product development programs, new business case financials.
- Strong customer interface skills - capable of developing and managing relationships with appropriate personnel.
- Ability to uncover customer needs and translate into winning capture strategies and value propositions.
- Effective and persuasive negotiation skills. Ability to close deals is a must.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, with ability to make necessary status reports and presentations to Eaton management and customers
- Technical knowledge of electrical/mechanical aerospace components
- Broad understanding of the Aerospace product portfolio
- Bachelor's Degree; at least 8 years aerospace sales/customer support experience
- Knowledge of the aerospace market and specifically the aftermarket business
- Knowledge of the APAC Airline & Military market and customer base
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER HQ Headquarters
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time