With an exceptional reputation for delivery for our clients, we recognise that long-term meaningful relationships are fundamental to our success.
At SCEE, we employ a proven integrated approach that combines our technical and managerial expertise. We have a problem-solving culture, clear values and strong leadership team. We aim to be a great employer bringing the best trained people with the right attitude to every job.
We are committed to living our values of safety, quality, reliability, trust and loyalty.
SCEE is currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Contracts Administrator to join our team on the Albemarle Kemerton Lithium Project based in the South West of WA. The roster is 5/2 and 6/1.
The Albemarle Kemerton Plant is a greenfield world scale Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate production plant to be located at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia, and 17 km north-east of the existing port town of Bunbury.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate the administration of the contract during the construction phase of the project.
- Provide support and contractual assistance to the Project Management team
- Liaise with the Scheduling team to ensure the contractual obligations are being met and to ensure weekly programme reflects the true performance on the project.
- Demonstrate initiative and continually seek ways that provide the company with a competitive edge and our client’s value for money.
- Ensure project deliverables are met as per contract by liaising with Site Management and Client representatives.
- Identify changes and variations for specified works.
- Organise, compile and submit variations to the contract; monitor and manage the variations log.
- Follow up with the client to ensure variations and claims are reviewed and signed off on an ongoing basis throughout the project.
- Organise, compile and submit claims for delays and Extension of Time to the client in accordance with the Contract timelines and requirements.
- Provide reports on Project performance relating to (but not limited to) Progress, HSE, Manning etc as required by the Contract.
- Organise, compile and submit progress claims.
- Reporting on Plant and Equipment utilisation, free issue materials and other agreed cost based reports to the client.
- Managing financial aspects and compilation of reports.
- Provide support and guidance to the Project Manager to close out projects through the drafting and development of any claims, and provide support during the negotiation process if required.
- Conduct a project ‘contractual review’ and provide report to the Site Manager.
- Maintain and develop relationships with the Clients team.
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive experience working within a Contracts Administration position on heavy industrial construction projects preferably with a construction contractor
- A complete understanding and application of contract administration principles
- The ability to read and interpret contract documents and technical specifications
- A thorough understanding on scheduling and planning
- The ability to make contract related recommendations and decisions to achieve objectives
- A Bachelor of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying or Bachelor of Construction Law is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
SCEE is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting diversity in our workforce.
At SCEE we recruit people who believe in our core values and are committed to our ‘can do’ attitude that is after all our Signature Performance. To apply for this position please click on the ‘Apply’ link below.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be responded to in this process.
- Construction Management
- Health Safety And Environment
- Construction Law