Strengthening our nation’s power grid isn’t easy, but reliable electrical service is essential to everyday life. Every time someone charges an iPhone, cranks up the A/C or turns on a computer, we are busy behind the scenes making it happen. Michels Power, Inc. is one of the largest, most sought-after power delivery contractors in the United States. We do it all – from building transmission lines and substations to distribution networks and inside wiring. We also restore power after natural disasters strike. Our work improves lives.
As a Project Manager, your key responsibility will be to manage a phase of a large complex project or manage multiple medium sized projects, that are approximately greater than $500K and are up to $10 Million. This position is accountable for all aspects of the project’s success, from the initial proposal and bidding, to meet or exceed the client’s expectations. All of this while assuring the profitable completion of the project, with a special emphasis on safety performance.
Why Michels Power, Inc.?
- Engineering News-Record ranks us as the No. 1 Electrical Transmission/Distribution contractor.
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We perform challenging, meaningful work that improves the world
- We believe everyone is responsible for promoting safety, regardless of job title
- We are a part of the Michels family of companies – one of North America’s largest, most diversified energy and infrastructure contractors
- You like to surround yourself with dedicated, ambitious and value-driven people
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You cringe when you hear: “Because that’s the way we’ve always done it.”
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You believe that individual commitment to a group effort is key to success
- You want your work to make a difference in people’s lives
What it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field (equivalent years of related experience also acceptable)
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Project Management software (Primavera, HCSS, etc.)
- Construction Management
- Hypercompact Stellar Systems (Astrophysics)
- Microsoft Office
- Primavera P6
- Project Management