At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40 countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
The role of a Radiological Safety Assessor (SA) is to provide safety assessment advice and supporting documentation to all areas of the client business in a fit for purpose, proportionate manner in line with the expectations set in the client Safety Case Process arrangements.
Proactively seeking and sharing relevant learning, as well as identifying and implementing potential improvement opportunities are expectations of the role.
Developing and delivering fit for purpose and proportionate safety assessment advice and formal documentation which is in line with the expectations of the client Safety Case Process arrangements.
Ensuring that the safety assessment advice and documentation provided achieves the expectations of the SL Safety case Process arrangements. Particular points to emphasise include ensuring that the safety assessment:-
- Recognises and is consistent with the risk context of the Project or Facility operations being considered.
- Supports and enables the overall demonstration of safety in the development of the Facility or Project Safety Case.
- Appropriately considers the impact of the activity or modification on any extant facility Safety Cases and interfacing plant Safety Cases.
- Is developed collaboratively, working with key interfacing stakeholders, in order to ensure the safety assessment influences the development of and is supported by the evidence provided by these stakeholders.
Supporting the identification and development of appropriate hazard management strategies as part of both design development and the development of operational requirements.
Proactively contributing to the development of safe solutions for both normal and fault conditions.
Leading hazard identification studies (e.g. HAZOP) on both design projects and operational facilities.
Developing effective working relationships with the key interfacing stakeholders including :-
- Safety Case Manager (SCM).
- Project and Project Engineering Managers.
- Design and Plant Engineers.
- Operations Teams.
- Technical teams.
- Specialist safety assessment teams (e.g. human factors)
Undertaking appropriate verification of safety assessments and supporting documentation in line with client Safety Case Process arrangements.
Good behavioural skills are required to quickly build relationships with a variety of people.
Although this is a plant facing role, it can be delivered remotely utilising available technology such as MS teams, however at times there may be a need to attend the client site in the North West.
To the Safety Case SFM VS Delivery Lead and Delivery Team Manager for:-
- Delivering safety assessments advice and documentation, supporting the development of hazard management strategies, contributing to the development of safe solutions, leading hazard identification studies.
- Undertaking appropriate verification of safety assessments and supporting documentation.
- Coordinating the delivery of and providing day to day oversight of specified safety assessment resources.
- Supporting the identification of safety assessment resourcing requirements.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Degree (or equivalent)
• Experience in the preparation of nuclear safety assessments for a range of facilities and nuclear hazard types.
• Understanding of UK nuclear regulatory requirements particularly relating to Nuclear Safety Assessment
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. [ Link removed ]
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – 2.1062705.1096
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [ Link removed ] to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please [ Link removed ] .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then [ Link removed ]
- Facility Operations
- Hazard And Operability Study
- Ms Teams
- Nuclear Power