You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Pre-Feed & FEED Engineering Manager - Energy Transition
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: [ Link removed ]
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is seeking a Pre-FEED & FEED Engineering Manager – Energy Transition to work with the Consulting team to develop workscopes, describe workscopes, bid and execute those workscopes to satisfaction of our client and Kent.
You will work on project development mandates, concept studies, pre-FEED or FEEED and are technically responsible for all engineering work and allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, you will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking/approval activities to others.
- Supports Business Development and Sales in client discussions, queries, and presentations.
- Manages and leads a team of multi-discipline Engineers to coordinate production of study/engineering deliverable in accordance with the project plan.
- Manages the interfaces on a project including client, SMEs, multiple disciplines, multiple engineering centers, project controls, procurement, and third-party contractors or suppliers.
- Has appreciation of multi-discipline engineering design activities and manages all disciplines to achieve design consistency.
- Supports the Project Management team in planning and identifying technical issues which could limit progress or impact project budgets. Interfaces with client as necessary.
- Provides all necessary input and support to project progress and reporting.
- Monitors the engineering progress, addresses shortfalls, develops recovery plans where required and ensures plans are implemented. Provides feedback to PM and Engineering Discipline Supervisors as and when required on the progress.
- Attends project review meetings and ensures that associated reports are compiled and distributed accordingly.
- Reviews the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares/reviews man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
- Identifies a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Responsible for planning/scheduling all engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls/reporting input to Project Management.
- Approves all engineering deliverables and ensures appropriate personnel in place to undertake competent checking across all disciplines.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Consults Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with Kent’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Coordinates Internal and Client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department. Complies with other Kent accredited framework such as ISO 14001.
- Participates in and may lead multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary input and approval to close out of actions.
- Coordinates preparation and presentation of the final documentation in accordance with requirements of the Client acceptance certificates. Participates in a formal review of the project with relevant parties on completion and identifies opportunities for learning and development.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, P.E. license in the state of Texas and minimum 10 years of relevant experience required.
- Previous related experience working for Engineering/Client organizations in the Low Carbon Energy Transition industry and O&G industry required.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues with support from consultants and discipline Engineers and effectively communicates with Clients and Senior Management.
- Experience of Technical and techno-economic studies required.
- FEED/Detailed Design projects experience required.
- Broad knowledge of engineering discipline activities.
- Understand standard international equipment specifications and codes.
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures.
- Ability to plan execution interfaces and takes corrective action with regards to engineering design.
- Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with a tactfulness in resolving issues and function with a proactive approach.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
Job ID: 3972