Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Summary of Role:
The Field Quality Engineer develops and implements programs to improve field quality and performance by field technicians. This role is part of a US-based team of applications and support engineers, and it is part of the SunPower Applications, Quality and Analytics group.
Field quality is critical to customer delight and SunPower's success.
Help us change the way our world is powered by joining a team committed to improving field quality and technician performance in the field. The Field Quality Engineer at SunPower is responsible for developing programs that track improve the performance of dealers and field technicians. They’ll collect data from field quality audits, interviews, surveys, and other sources. They’ll deliver metrics and reports to internal and external customers and collaborate with field applications engineers to recommend solutions to drive improvements. And they’ll collaborate with training teams and applications engineers to develop training, process controls and product improvements that will drive improved field quality.
This job will support dealers throughout the United States, and candidates may report to the SunPower office in Richmond, CA or Austin, TX or may work remotely. Travel elsewhere in the US may be required. Up to 50% travel with frequent overnight stays.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Field Quality Engineer will:
- Develop targets and methods for evaluating field quality and technician performance
- Develop and maintain systems for measuring and tracking field quality
- Develop and implement a program for field quality and improvement that incorporates measurement, observation, tracking, training, and closed-loop learning
- Collaborate with SunPower quality teams, applications engineers, field applications engineers, and technical support engineers to identify learning and training opportunities
- Champion development of training and skills-based certification for field teams
- Identify and promote opportunities for product improvements, ergonomics, and/or third-party solutions that can improve field quality
- Coordinate efforts with sales managers, operations coordinators, and field applications engineers to communicate recommendations to dealer leadership
- Receive feedback from dealers and present recommendations to SunPower leadership
- Generate process maps and related documentation
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years in solar or construction, with 2+ years working in a semi-autonomous manner
- 2+ years generating and delivering training content
- 2+ years performing analytics or statistical analysis
- 2+ years managing personnel or vendor relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code as it relates to solar and storage
- Excellent driving record and ability to pass an MVA background check
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Customer-focused attitude
- Experience working with licensed contractors
- Lean manufacturing / six sigma experience
- Proficiency in navigating and applying electrical and building codes and standards
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- NABCEP and/or other industry certification
- Master Electrician or another industry-related licensure
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Individuals in this position may be required to obtain additional training and certifications to comply with SunPower policies such (but not limited to) as NFPA70E or First Aid/CPR.
Travel throughout the US may be required. Up to 25% average travel with frequent overnight stays.
When in the field individuals will be expected to be capable of performing tasks similar to those of an electrician or field technician.
This may be a remote-based position. Candidates working from home are expected to work in a home office when not working in the field. This includes frequent online meetings, on-camera presentations, and phone calls.
Additional working and environmental conditions:
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for working hours
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable method
- Able to position and move objects up to 10 pounds
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
The position requires travel with the potential of overnight stays between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Less than or equal to 30% travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [ Email address blocked ] . Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation