Local Unit & Position Description
Are you excited about the opportunities created by the effort to decarbonize our economy?
Would you like to be part of a team that helps decarbonize buildings and industries and prepare our clients for a zero-carbon electricity supply through equipment retrofit, energy efficiency, and other technologies?
DNV’s Markets and Risk group is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Decarbonization and End User Services team. This section focuses on providing a variety of services (independent technical and financial due diligence on energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, EM&V activities funded by DOE and PUCs, energy audits, retrocommissioning studies, climate action planning, GHG inventorying, facility master planning) to a wide variety of clients (utilities, regulators, private clients) in their decarbonization journey. We are looking for someone who is adaptable, abstract thinker and can independently solve problems. The typical types of projects this position will be involved in include technical reviews, energy efficiency program implementation and evaluation, technical studies, and facility energy audits in the commercial, industrial and residential marketplace.
Successful candidates must have demonstrated expertise in multiple energy efficient technologies deployed in complex industrial facilities and commercial buildings and be able to use expertise to support DNV business development efforts. Candidate will be part of a team of engineers and consultants supporting commercial/industrial/residential DSM programs for our clients throughout North America. Successful candidates must be capable working independently and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position can be based out of any of our DNV offices preferably Medford, Massachusetts, Middletown, Connecticut, New York. Remote work will also be considered from any location in the Continental U.S.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical consulting expertise on decarbonizing complex commercial and industrial energy systems
- Identify and quantify the impacts of energy technologies and energy efficiency improvements in commercial and industrial facilities such as chemical, food, auto manufacturing and complex multi-story commercial buildings
- Mentor junior staff on various technical topics
- Support DNV business development efforts
- Perform third party review of complex energy efficiency measures, and perform inspections, and deploy monitoring equipment to verify successful operation of installed measures
- Follow quality assurance protocols, conduct peer-reviews, and produce client-ready analyses and reports
- Independently creates, tracks, and manages project budgets and provides status reports to management
- Function in a team environment to cooperatively achieve DNV and project goals
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Petroleum, Electrical, Manufacturing or Chemical Engineering or related field required
- Associates degree will be considered only when paired with additional relevant project experience.
- Technical expertise in one or more of these fields – food processing, chemical manufacturing, industrial refrigeration, oil and gas refining, LNG production, auto manufacturing
- Minium of 7 or more years of related professional work experience required
- Working knowledge and expertise in industrial manufacturing, process optimization
- Knowledge of industrial safety standards
- Demonstrated experience working on complex commercial and or industrial projects
- Positive team-oriented attitude and ability to collaborate in a remote setting
- Experience mentoring staff
- Ability to clearly communicate complex engineering concepts and analyses
- An organized, detail-oriented approach and the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 20% of the time
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to rent and drive a car and travel on public conveyances when required
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent technical written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**We required submitting a cover letter with your resume that details your specific knowledge your strengths relative to the other requirements**
What is Preferred
- Experience working on geothermal systems, industrial refrigeration, heat treating, quantification of GHG emissions
- Experience in energy efficiency program implementation or energy related markets
Related professional certifications: Accredited Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see: [ Link removed ]
Read more here:
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department ([ Email address blocked ] ). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
What We Offer
Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talk space
401(k) with company match
Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
Consumer discounts and rewards
Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and New York City Salary Transparency Law, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado or New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado and New York City, NY only, the range of starting pay for this role is $110,000 - $150,000.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complexes, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Chemical Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring