Element has an opportunity for a Machine Operator to join our rapidly expanding team. As a member of the operations team, the Machine operator performs a variety of routine and non-routine machine operation assignments in the department and insures timely and accurate results under direct supervision.
Skills / Qualifications
- Uses cutting equipment to prepare specimens for testing as dictated in customer specifications
- Performs a variety of machining tasks according to customer specifications and requirements
- Requires little supervision and technical input of a Department Manager, Principal Machinist, Project Coordinator or Engineer
- Ability to transfer technical knowledge of machining procedures/requirements and successfully satisfy and meet customer expectations
- Maintains equipment and schedules preventative maintenance
- Gathers and records dimensions in accordance with quality assurance requirements
- HS diploma or GED certificate preferred; College or vocational school coursework welcome
- Relative understanding of machining concepts and measuring instruments
- Working knowledge of machine shop and laboratory safety protocol
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
NOTE: This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the employer obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.