The basic function of the position is to operate hydraulic/friction cranes to move products, equipment, materials; set structural steel, pipe, PDC buildings or to load and unload trucks and maritime vessels.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Pushes and pulls levers and depresses pedals to raise, lower, rotate boom and to raise and lower load line.
- Raises, lowers and rotates boom or load by sight or according to signals from rigger.
- Inspects and lubricates equipment.
- Performs start-up and function test.
- Checks all fluid levels on equipment.
- Operate Friction/Hydraulic cranes.
- Performs duties outside the scope to benefit the company and the job.
- Perform on the job training of new employees.
a) Education and Training – High School or equivalent/ Crane Operator’s Certification
b) Experience – 3+ years offshore lay barge experience.
Crane Operator Certification