Nous créons des innovations intelligentes pour relever les défis de la mobilité d’aujourd'hui et de demain. Nous concevons et fabriquons une gamme complète de systèmes de transport, des trains à grande vitesse aux bus électriques et trains sans conducteur, en passant par les solutions d'infrastructure, de signalisation et de mobilité digitale. Nous rejoindre, c’est intégrer une communauté internationale de plus 75000 personnes qui se consacrent à la résolution de problèmes de mobilité concrets et à la réalisation de projets internationaux ayant un impact local durable.
Alstom has been part of the Belgian railway history for about 130 years.
Today, from Charleroi (BE), the company is active through two centers of excellence:
- Signalling Systems – Center of excellence ERTMS (European standard development and implementation)
- Power Electronics – Center of excellence Traction Systems (Traction solutions / auxiliary converters / low voltage cabinets)
Important efforts in R&D support the development of these activities contributing actively to promoting a safe and performant railway network as well as sustainable mobility solutions worldwide.
Homologation management consists of the organization of the required activities to achieve the design approval, type homologation, and authorization to place into service of the on-board or trackside signaling sub-system by the national authorities in each country. For the modifications due to the installation of ETCS into existing vehicles, the compliance with the Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI), the provision of the Safety Case and the compliance with additional national requirements have to be assessed. The management of the preparation of the assessments as well as the necessary documentation required by various internal and external project partners is the main task of the (ETCS) Project Homologation Engineer.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
Tasks of Project Homologation Engineer :
- Planning of homologation activities based on existing standards, regulations and experience from previous or similar projects, development of a work plan for the homologation activities
- Defining the scope of assessment: analysis of the assessment objective together with the engineers of the ALSTOM ETCS TIS Regional center as well as the rolling stock centers
- Prepare the procurement of assessment services: creation of call for tender documents based on the defined scope of assessment, conducting the tender process, evaluation of tenders, contract drafting and negotiations with assessors in collaboration with the purchasing department
- Monitor the development of evidences: conducting regular workshops with ALSTOM various departments and sub-contractors regarding status of tests, assessments and compilation of documents
- Organisation of the assessment process: regular status meetings with assessors (Notified Bodies, Country Designated Bodies, etc), organisation of required input documents, review and approval of assessments
- Compilation of homologation dossiers: definition of the content, compliance to formal requirements, file the official homologation requests and formal submission of homologation dossiers with national authorities
- Organisation of translation reviews: forecast of translation workload and organisation translation reviews
- Status reports for homologation: weekly update of status reports; preparation of status reports for the management of the individual projects, managing the escalation levels
The Project Homologation Leader creates and processes several documents, such as :
- Homologation plan: description of content and procedure of homologation processes, planning of activities, description of assessments process
- List of Documents (LoD): table of all relevant evidences, used as work plan and for status reports
- Action lists: table of activities and risks, with responsibilities, deadlines and commenting of status;
- Vehicle dossier: structured compilation of assessments
- Homologation dossier (HD): compilation of documents relevant for homologation for submission at authorities
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Degree (Master equivalent or above)
- A railway and signalling background would be a major asset (for instance, in a Project Quality or Bid Management role)
- Rigorous, autonomy, pro-activity and Team player
- Respect of the requirements
- Good communication and coordination skills (with internal and external stakeholders)
- Good French and English oral & written expression
- Other languages are an asset
"WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?"
The mission of the Project homologation leader allows to be in contact with many internal and external stakeholders of the project (project management, engineering, sourcing, quality and safety teams internally; external assessors, National Safety Authorities, European Railway Agency, Customers; Rolling Stock entities; etc) and to be directly involved in the evolution of norms and regulations at European and country levels. He/She is a key actor of the project to support the coordination of all tasks required to get the different certification and authorizations requested by the contracts.
Les engagements de notre entreprise se fondent sur une culture agile, inclusive et responsable qui offre à des personnes de tout horizon l’opportunité de se développer, d’apprendre et de progresser tout au long de leur carrière. Nous encourageons nos salariés à réaliser pleinement leur potentiel, tout en leur accordant l’estime et le respect dus à chaque individu.
- Signaling (Crane Rigging)
- English Language
- Asset Management
- French Languages