Lightsource bp is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. We are a 50:50 joint venture with bp with a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
What You’ll do
Purpose of the Role
LSbp is looking for someone to join our Development business to help drive the next phase of our growth and global expansion.
The purpose of this role will be to work closely with members of the Development business and IT across multiple geographies to deliver a world class solar development system. This system will be used by a range of teams on a daily basis to manage, plan and prioritise projects, thus playing a key role in enabling the next phase of LSbp’s global growth ambitions. While working on this strategic project, a successful candidate will develop a strong commercial understanding of the development process in each of LSbp’s geographies and as well as a broad network within the business. Once this project is delivered, the candidate will continue to work within the Business Operations team to help shape and support the development, execution and management of LSbp’s Europe & International Development strategy. This role serves as an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to learn about renewable development and pivot towards a commercial role at one of the world’s leading solar developers.
Duties and Responsibilities
This role will be required to work closely across teams in the development business and IT to:
- Understand the challenges facing teams in delivering projects and identify weaknesses in the existing processes (including Development, Grid, Environmental Planning, Construction, Engineering, Procurement etc.);
- Design a framework for a global development system that addresses these gaps and delivers improvements to support growth objectives;
- Manage the execution and business user testing of the framework, obtaining and incorporating feedback from numerous stakeholders across the business;
- Provide clarity to senior stakeholders target outcomes to ensure alignment throughout the project;
- Build relationships with and influence stakeholders in key teams across the business;
- Understand key reporting requirements and work with relevant IT experts to design reporting dashboards using the new system;
- Champion standardising best practices within Development and the supporting teams.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong project management experience, especially the ability to quickly understand the necessary resources required, and coordinate numerous different stakeholders from around the globe
- Knowledge of PowerBI, QuickBase or other similar platforms is beneficial;
- BA or equivalent required; a degree in engineering or the sciences would be advantageous; Masters preferred
- 2-3 years professional experience; management consulting / energy / investment banking / renewables preferred
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to build strong relationships with senior management and numerous stakeholders throughout the entire company;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision-making skills;
- Flexible and “can do” attitude;
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with a very high attention to detail.
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our Core Values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.
[ Link removed ]