Are you interested in a position that is challenging and innovative? For over 75 years, Oil States Industries, Inc. has been a highly respected technology and solutions pioneer manufacturing diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense, and general industrial applications worldwide.
Oil States Industries, Inc. recognizes that our diverse workforce is our greatest asset. We offer a competitive pay package, including an annual incentive bonus program for all employees. When we contribute to the company’s success, we all win.
Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it? Come join our team!
Oil States is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of Test Tech Assistant in Arlington, Texas.
With supervision and guidance, the Test Tech Assistant must aid in the daily tasks that include specimen prep and molding, fixture set-up, instrumentation installation, wiring, equipment maintenance and other tasks as required for the assigned test activities. This person must work well with others, accept direction from those around him/her and communicate well. This person must be able to learn, understand and work with technical issues regarding electrical and hydraulic test systems. The Test Tech Assistant will directly report to the assigned manager/supervisor and also take direction from the other test technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test coupon insert preparation, molding
- Press operation to mold test coupons
- Remove test coupons from press and mold then inspect and add identification markers
- Assist with instrumentation setup and installation including strain gauges
- Assist with test hardware and fixture assembly and set-up
- Assist with electronic circuit wiring
- Assist with test equipment maintenance and repairs
- Assist with press calibrations
- Assist with maintaining clean work environment and equipment
- Train to use spreadsheets, word processing and other general computing skills
- Cross-train with other test technicians
- Maintain a clean work environment
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with at least 0 – 2 years of related experience
- Use of a computer and other office equipment (scanner, printer, copier, etc.)
- Obtain and maintain forklift certification.
- Obtain and maintain crane certification.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Experience working with electrical and hydraulic systems a plus.
- Able to take direction from supervision and work as a team for all work activities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in mathematics
- Some moderate to heavy lifting up to 50 pounds may be required
- Exposure to chemical and hazardous waste
- Occasional bending with prolonged standing and/or sitting
- Some reaching, stepping, pushing, pulling and climbing stairs may be required
- Pushing and pulling weight loaded on carts or pallet jacks could be 50-100 pounds
- Some outdoor work in extreme weather elements (cold and heat)
By contractual requirements, this position requires that all persons establish proof of US Citizenship.
Be part of what’s next at Oil States Industries, Inc.!
Over 75 years in business
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Oil And Gas